3 replies to this topic

#1 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

GDI5ipd.png

GNOME 3.8 delivers major new features, a brand new application and bug fixes and enhancements. Highlights for GNOME 3.8 include:

• A redesigned application launching view, which makes finding applications easier than ever.
  • Enhanced search, with an updated search results view and new controls for results.
  • New privacy settings let you contol who has access to the content on your computer.
  • A new classic mode for those who prefer a more traditional desktop experience.
  • Improved animation rendering, resulting in smooth transitions and window resizing.
  • A new Clocks application, which provides world clocks for different time zones as well as alarms, a stopwatch and timer.
  • Heavily updated settings, with four new settings panels and major updates in many other places.
  • Many of updates to GNOME applications, including major improvements to the performance of Web, UI enhancements to Documents and a new Contacts editing mode.

Release Notes

Press Release

#2 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

I hate to admit it, but I have lost all interest in Gnome 3.x.  Every time the dev's update it, it breaks existing themes.  Even Half-Left, who is pretty much Gnome 3.x's best themes ever, has said that the dev's dont care about theme custom themes, they break the skin format with every new release.

Imagine you worked hard for a month on a theme, it works great, new release, have to re-make the theme, over and over and over...  

Cant decide if i want to move on toe KDE or Cinnamon or MATE, or even XFCE.  But not Gnome 3.x

#3 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Why is this thread here instead of in the Linux Distros forum? :o

#4 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Why is this thread here instead of in the Linux Distros forum? :o

Good call, moved.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gnome, linux