• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

PsG6ilt.png

Graphics comparison of recently announced PS4 and nVidia's 8800 GPU for PC released in 2007. Either Sony picked up a wrong tech demo or PS4 is really not that powerful. What are your thoughts?

Source

#2 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

consoles have always been behind, way behind.

#3 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Six years old GPU can't render this in-game. It's just a technology demo. I don't think Nvidia 8800 could render this much of details:

7BQhbyDl.jpg

vDFmvZgl.jpg

New GPUs can do this obviously but 8800 couldn't.

In case anyone wondering. These screenshots are from Killzone Shadow, a PS4 game.

#4 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

The image for PS4 looks alot blurrier then it did on the video. So it looks better then it looks on the image.

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Consoles hardware is always behind PC hardware.

#6 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

http://www.ign.com/v...m-ps4-tech-demo

#7 Xavier Grey

Xavier Grey

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I damn near pissed myself when I saw that it said it was running on an 8800 from 2007. Did that come straight out of somebodies ass? Yes, the software that reads the hyper-compressed meshes is compatible with it, but mind you this software won't be out for many more years to come. I didn't hear them say what they were actually running it on. Just as well, that's not a good picture of the tech demo for PS4, nor is the demo super awesome in itself. Look at games like Crysis 3 and Beyond: Two Souls for PS3. They did an outstanding job for a piece of hardware from 06. Also, why the fuck would people take a picture of the frame right after they turned the lighting all the way up? Any good photographer knows that it's never good to have light blasting off of the subject during the shoot. http://assets1.ignim.../frame_0001.jpg

#8 Xavier Grey

Xavier Grey

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Consoles hardware is always behind PC hardware.

Ah yes, but you see the hardware isn't the only thing that makes the graphics better. Consoles are known to have way faster software, higher quality and ratio of compressed files, and more effective processing paths than PC. Yes, they need to be updated every once in a while. Yes the developers have to be creative with the data processing, but all at the cost of having the same graphics as high end PC's when the console first comes out.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, gpu