scroogled gmail google

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Microsoft's Anti-Google campaign is still alive. A new Scroogled video was uploaded on YouTube today. Microsoft talked with random people on the street to find out their opinion on the way Gmail serves ads to users reading their emails. All of them clearly don't understand that the emails are not read by anyone. It's algorithms that choose what ad is to serve by scanning the body part of the email by a bot.

#2 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 468 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

So this is the only way Microsoft can advertise their own sh*tty mail service and "force" Gmail users to join the retarded Outlook? I'm 100% sure all of the "random" people on the street they asked are actually Microsoft workers and everything in that video is fake. So, stupid Microsoft, you get my -1 for your sh*tty Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, ugly and stupid Office 2013, your anti-Google campaign is retarded and plain stupid and I hope you die as soon as possible so the world is free from your stupid whining.

#3 KamZay

KamZay

WinMatrixian

• 154 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

^ Office 2013 and Windows 8 are actually pretty good.

#4 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

^ Office 2013 and Windows 8 are actually pretty good.

You just committed a huge mistake. Prepare to be flamed by haters.

#5 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

LMAO :lol:
I don't think people on Winmatrix hate Win8. I think they have an opinion that the Metro Start Screen is not as good as was promised. I hope this will change very soon.

#6 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

tm8cHu5.jpg

#7 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

LMAO :lol:
I don't think people on Winmatrix hate Win8. I think they have an opinion that the Metro Start Screen is not as good as was promised. I hope this will change very soon.

Can't really generalize. I'm pretty sure there are people who are like what you said, but i'm also sure that there are people who are all-out-full-fledged-M$-haters.

#8 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Microsoft itself is giving us reasons to hate them. Scroogled is the perfect example!

#9 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, it is better to spread the shit on other companies instead of making your own software better.

IE is shit.

Outlook.com is shit.

Windows 8 is shit.

Office 2013 has completely broken spellchecker for Russian language. It is not bad - it is unusable.

And for irony, that spellchecker is provided as update for Office 2010 too. This is also shit! I have to stuck with Office 2007 for proper spell checking.

I saying this as user of Outlook and Windows 8.

It is worst MS software/service ever.

They just have no rights to make such videos.

Damn you Microsoft. GTFO.

#10 Abador

Abador

Abador

• 78 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Even though outlook is not nice (according to above comments), but Gmail and google really scares me ! I know every company shares our information, but atleast do not give us goose bumps showing it !

#11 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Windows 8 is shit.

Nooo, I didn't want to hear this from you! :D

I hope you won't switch to Mac or Linux and leave us behind. I use at least 5 apps made by you. :P

#12 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Nooo, I didn't want to hear this from you! :D

I hope you won't switch to Mac or Linux and leave us behind. I use at least 5 apps made by you. :P

I already have Linux and use it. And I like it, because LXDE provides me old school classic UX.

However, I can't leave MS, because my primary occupation is MS SQL.

#13 maac

maac

Mr Smiley

• Validating
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Their marketing guys must be sleeping on this or just be dumb. This "scroogled" campaign is embarassing.

#14 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, it is better to spread the shit on other companies instead of making your own software better.

IE is shit.

Outlook.com is shit.

Windows 8 is shit.

Office 2013 has completely broken spellchecker for Russian language. It is not bad - it is unusable.

And for irony, that spellchecker is provided as update for Office 2010 too. This is also shit! I have to stuck with Office 2007 for proper spell checking.

I saying this as user of Outlook and Windows 8.

It is worst MS software/service ever.

They just have no rights to make such videos.

IE10 isn't shit.

Windows 8 - fair enough, I can understand.

Outlook.com is definitely not shit.

Office 2013 is excellent, sorry to hear that it has become unusable for you because they broke spellcheck in Russian.

I agree that Microsoft shouldn't be making such ads. It's embarrassing. But come on, that doesn't make everything they do "shit".

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scroogled, gmail, google