• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

7nLHvFP.png

If you are going to buy the Microsoft Office 2013 then remember to install it on your new PC or notebook which you will be using for a long time. Office 2013 software licence can be activated on a single only but the worst part is that it can’t be transferred to another PC.

It was possible to transfer the licence of Office 2010 to another PC but Microsoft has announced that Office 2013 software licence can't be reassigned to another computer.

When Inquirer asked what will happen in the event that the original PC carrying the single Microsoft Office 2013 licence is destroyed, lost or stolen. Will Microsoft allow the original licence to be transferred then?
Microsoft said it is looking into this, and we will report its answer as soon as we know.

It's unclear if Microsoft did on purpose to raise the sales of Office 365 Home Premium, which allows users to install Office 2013 on up to five PCs.

#2 Vegetto

Vegetto

WinMatrixian

• 241 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Is it a mistake?

#3 ~{/^OoMoO^\}~

~{/^OoMoO^\}~

Active WinMatrixian

• 549 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

This is ridiculous! Fix it ASAP Microsoft!

#4 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

A license is a license is a license. If I buy a new PC, I should be able to transfer it. 

#5 KamZay

KamZay

WinMatrixian

• 154 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Why it can't be like Steam? Install everywhere but can't use it on multiple PCs at the same time.

#6 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

The license can now be transferred to second PC. :)

"Based on customer feedback we have changed the Office 2013 retail license agreement to allow customers to transfer the software from one computer to another."

Read on Office blog.

#7 Wikitila

Wikitila

New WinMatrixian

• 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Microsoft’s move to block Office users from transferring their Office licenses to new computers falls into the latter category. Now, the company is reversing the decision after customer feedback made it loud and clear that they weren’t happy with the move.

#8 eskieman

eskieman

WinMatrixian

• 99 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

I just thought I add that If you purchase the Home Use Program edition of Office Professional Plus (it costs $11 and you get it through your employer), it is licensed for at least 2 PCs (I haven't tried 3 and I couldn't find any info on how many computers its licensed for anywhere but had no troubles installing or activating). 

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: office 2013