Photo
- - - - -

Microsoft may fail to reach 100,000 Windows Store apps goal till Feb.

windows store

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

eMkK1oJ.png

Microsoft launched Windows 8 in October with 5,000 Metro style apps available in the Windows Store. The company promised to provide approximately 100,000 apps till the end of February 2013.

It appears that Microsoft will not be able to reach its goal, as there are nearly 40,000 apps available in the Windows Store on date. The data is disclosed by MetroStore Scanner, an unofficial source that tracks the apps submitted to the Windows Store.

#2 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

80% of those 40,000 apps are ugly and useless!

#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

The Metro (yes, I don't care what the official name is now, i'm still going to call it Metro) design language is so different and bold that I think developers are having a difficult time trying to understand it.

#4 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

^ You are right!

Big fonts in square tiles isn't the Metro UI. It's a design language to boost productivity when used right. Developers aren't using it right.

#5 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

^ You are right!

Big fonts in square tiles isn't the Metro UI. It's a design language to boost productivity when used right. Developers aren't using it right.

Sorry FalseAgent but this made me laugh :)

I would go further and say 95% is crappy (lots of glorified web apps). I wish MS would put their backs behind their apps and new ones. More like Apple does: set the standard and keep improving. When they do it MS style and just sit back and watch stuff bleed to death after all the hype it will have been all for nothing.

#6 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Microsoft will definitely fail to reach the target! :P

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows store