From the Official Website:
- WindowsAndroid is Android running with Windows kernel!
- It does not run by a simulator (such as VirtualBox), it's on real machine, so it's fast!
- It keeps full Android capabilities. You can run all Android apps, including 3D games!
Here is the Official Stats and Specs list (typos and all)
- Current ported Android version is 4.0.3r1, new version is being developed.
- Can run on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Has exactly the same user experience with the original Android 2.
- Integrated with Windows’ applications, such as Flash, Windows Media Player, etc.
- Supports any UI resolution, such as 1920×1080
- Supports windowing mode or full-screen mode, window scaling in windowing mode, and switching between windowing mode and full screen mode.
- Supports IO devices such as mouse, keyboard, remote control.
- Supports Ethernet, pppoe.
The interesting thing of this is that generally whatever you can do in Android, you can do in WindowsAndroid. Web Browsing, etc... not just run Android apps!
To get an early release of WindowsAndroid, you first have to fill out the download form (make sure to provide a valid email address) and grab the hefty 64.8MB installer via the download link you receive in your inbox. WindowsAndroid takes up about 300MB and comes with a cute Android robot icon. Firing it up presents you with a command prompt that loads all the components and then this familiar screen:
Edit: The site is down, download it from here. (Thanks Darren 54)
Edit: You can sideload apps (.apk) by putting them in this folder.
Seems like BlueStacks has competition!
Also, this is a Chinese website (hence the English typo's) and that website has been Slashdotted.
If you don't know that that is or what it mean, then your geek cred it ruined.
(Hint: One of the biggest Nerd News sites ever. Makes Reddit look like Geocities)
Edited by Villain, 26 January 2013 - 07:27 PM.