Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Logitech Touch Mouse T620 - Ubuntu & Windows

logitech touch mouse t620 ubuntu windows

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

logo-logitech.pngTouch Mouse T620

4Vnhn.png

Touch all over for maximum productivity and instinctive touch navigation.

t620-touch-mouse-feature-page.jpg

Full touch surface for smooth and precise control

Experience navigation that’s fast and fluid wherever your fingers rest on the full responsive touch surface. Effortlessly swipe, scroll, tap and click for a more efficient and productive experience.

Let your fingers get comfortable.

With designed-for-comfort curves, this stylish touch mouse delivers comfortable handling and gesturing for hours on end.

One battery or two makes a difference

You can use one AA battery for a lighter mouse and a three-month battery life*; or use two AAs for a solid feel and six-month run time.** You can also use your own rechargeable batteries.

Ubuntu 12.04:

Intergalactic plugged in the receiver and all functions of the mouse work as described on the packaging. No Problems. TESTED AND WORKS perfectly with Ubuntu 12.04 and Gnome 3.4.1.

Windows 8:

You can see all the Windows 8 gestures here.

#2 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

That mouse looks very famaliar...

(looks at his mouse)

mouse.JPG

Seems like the only change is Official Ubuntu/Linux support.  The M600 acts exactly under Linux like how it does under Windows.

For Windows 8 gestures, just update the software for the M600.

#3 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

@Villain

M600 I think is it's predecessor. The M600 was the one tested under Ubuntu 12.04 and the T620 works the same just improved and it also built to support Windows 8 gestures. The M600 does support Windows 8 gestures with Logitech 6.5 SetPoint software.

#4 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Looks much better than the Wedge Touch mouse.

#5 Ammarx

Ammarx

GeneralfeldmarschallROMMEL

• 934 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

I am planning to buy this mouse, but other day saw this video:

So how much practical is this mouse for day to day work and little offline gaming? 

#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

I am planning to buy this mouse, but other day saw this video:

So how much practical is this mouse for day to day work and little offline gaming? 

That is absolutely true. It's fine for day to day work, but for gaming, forget about using this mouse.

Many games require you to switch between the left and right click quickly (e.g. scope + shoot in many FPS games), and that's simply not possible with this mouse.  Also mentioned in that video is the fact that you can't click both the right and left buttons at the same time, which may be required by some games as well.

#7 Ammarx

Ammarx

GeneralfeldmarschallROMMEL

• 934 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

That is absolutely true. It's fine for day to day work, but for gaming, forget about using this mouse.

Many games require you to switch between the left and right click quickly (e.g. scope + shoot in many FPS games), and that's simply not possible with this mouse.  Also mentioned in that video is the fact that you can't click both the right and left buttons at the same time, which may be required by some games as well.

Thanks for your input...so i guess touch mice are still bit gimmicky...i am passing on to these until someone figures out..

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: logitech, touch, mouse, t620, ubuntu, windows