Photo
- - - - -

What do you think about Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Wedge Touch Mouse (12 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think about this mouse?

1. Good (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Bad (10 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#1 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I'm going to buy the Surface Pro. I'm also interested in Microsoft's Wedge Touch Mouse. I'll be using it when I'll attach Touch Cover to the tablet.

6j2K7Xf.png

What do you think about it, when using on Windows 8? Good for getting the desktop experience?

I think with the Touch Cover and the Wedge Touch mouse, I won't need a desktop PC. :)

#2 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Not good. The palm rest is gone, which the palm rest makes movements of the cursor seamlessly easy. You have to literally "grab" the device to move the cursor, instead of resting your hand and moving it. This seems more of a "grab and use" instead of "rest and use".

#3 K.L.Devine

K.L.Devine

Active WinMatrixian

• 898 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

It's not a mouse, it's a portable touchpad. :lol:

#4 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

I think you are right about the palm rest. I have used a small mouse before. That was not comfortable at all.

#5 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Microsoft usually makes pretty good mice, but the wedge mouse is horrible. It's tiny and not ergonomic at all. Novel and cool, but not much utility beyond that.

I highly recommend getting the Touch Mouse, it kicks ass with Windows 8  :) and it's good-looking too. The driver software provided by Microsoft has also has probably made this the most customizable mouse ever. In fact, i'm getting one tomorrow and i'm pretty psyched about it.

ms-touch-mouse.jpg

There's also an alternative from Logitec, the Logitec T620 Touch Mouse. Also supports Windows 8-specific gestures. However, I hear that most of the touch capabilities are a miss.

Logitech_Touch_Mouse_T620-562x500.jpeg

#6 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

^

This post! (Y)

#7 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

alright guys, so I got my touch mouse and while I expected it to be good, it has exceeded my expectations! I have to say, this thing is fracking awesome! The touch response of the mouse is extremely responsive! It takes a little getting used to at first, especially if you've been using a traditional mouse before, but once you start using the gestures, this thing is boss!

Of note: the default sensitivity and scrolling speed settings for this suck, I suggest going into the device center to tweak the settings to your liking - similar to Trackpads, (Synaptics's default trackpad settings suck as well) the hardware is solid, but the software messes up.

Also of note, this mouse is the absence of the middle mouse button. If you use the middle mouse click alot, be prepared to miss it.

I went crazy and customized nearly every single gesture on it (Windows 7 setup)  :D . Works great on Windows 8, but hell, i'd recommend it to Windows 7 users too.

bwfGNLX.jpg

#8 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Wedge Touch doesn't look comfortable.

#9 Chrominator

Chrominator

Active WinMatrixian

• 671 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

You can also use it with Android tablets. :)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!