4 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

WsNkXNk.png

Big news today from Microsoft. The Surface with Windows 8 Pro tablet goes go on sale in the U.S. and Canada on February 9 through all Microsoft retail stores, MicrosoftStore.com and at Staples and Best Buy in the U.S. as well as from a number of locations in Canada, with a starting price of $899.

Surface Pro is powered by Intel Core i5 processor and it will be available in 64 GB and 128 GB models. The tablet doesn't come with a Touch Cover but each package includes a Surface Pen stylus to be used on 10.6-inch screen on a Full HD display.

Source: Microsoft

#2 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

What's the price of 128 GB model?

#3 Vegetto

Vegetto

WinMatrixian

• 241 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Finally, the real Windows tablet!

#4 BinaryChaos

BinaryChaos

WinMatrixian

• 169 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

That price is insane...they make the Apple ipad look cheap. Honestly you can get a touchscreen laptop for a lower price in which you can upgrade the components to your liking especially the hard drive capacity. That device isn't state of the art for it to be so expensive.

#5 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

This thing is priced so strangely. I could either buy this device that isn't quite a productivity device but also not an ultraportable tablet like the iPad for $900 (or over $1000 if I want the touch/type cover!), or I could just buy a real laptop. It seems like this will have a really niche market and won't sell very well.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: surface, tablet