• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Specs for the next Xbox codenamed Durango, has been leaked. Microsoft's new console will contain an AMD-provided CPU with 8 cores running at 1.6GHz apiece alongside 8GB of DDR3 RAM, with a GPU running at 800MHz, and feature a built-in hard drive.

Durango will also include a "high-fidelity" natural user interface (NUI) sensor. This would suggest that the console has some kind of built-in Kinect functionality, though the inclusion of a dedicated Kinect port seems to indicate that Kinect peripherals will still be available.

Here are the full specs: 

CPU:

• x64 Architecture
  • 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
  • each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
  • each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
  • each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
  • each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:

• custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
  • 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
  • each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
  • at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
  • High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
  • Storage and Memory:
  • 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
  • 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
  • from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
  • Hard drive is always present
  • 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive 

Networking:

• Gigabit Ethernet
  • Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct 

Hardware Accelerators:

• Move engines
  • Image, video, and audio codecs
  • Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
  • Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing

System block diagram of Durango:

f3vZoLQ.jpg

Source: VGleaks

#2 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

And my high end gaming computer performs better. Why do console manufactures have to be so behind?

I think ill pass unless some kick ass exclusive games get released for it.

#3 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Not bad! Can't wait for the official announcement.

#4 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

So they are using 2 years old technology in the next-gen consoles!

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

The reason for the old tech is that...

a> readily avaliable

b> costs less

c> games/apps made to work on this tech should be lower-spec/stress

and lets not forget this, no matter how "high end" a console is, it will never beat a PC's specs, however, console get a LOT of games that a PC will never see.

So thats the argument for PCs and Consoles.  consoles had "bad specs" in comparisons for PCs, but more games, PC's have better hardware, but not all console games get ported to PC.

#6 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Xbox 360 launch was horrible. Remember the red rings of death? I hope the new console will be stable.

#7 Jo-Mamma

Jo-Mamma

WinMatrixian

• 87 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

And my high end gaming computer performs better. Why do console manufactures have to be so behind?

I think ill pass unless some kick ass exclusive games get released for it.

So they are using 2 years old technology in the next-gen consoles!

You two are the usual run-of-the-mill fools... "my computer is faster! because what's wrote on the paper matters!"

Look at it this way: Sony decided to create it's own technology for the PS3, what ended up happening? Lots of issues. Developers struggled to learn the platform, which hindered enormously. In addition, it DROVE prices up for so long. Those are just the surface issues. Compared to what is in the current gen hardware, namely the Xbox 360, these specs are much further ahead of the curve. Should do well for six, to ten years.

That said, the miserably spec'd Xbox 360 is able to play Battlefield 3 perfectly fine, well people with much newer computers STRUGGLE. To name a title off the top of the head.

Consoles outsell PC's every day for gaming use. Consoles get more games within one year then the PC will in two years. See where I'm going with this?

Spec's are merely a point of interest, not means to compare to another platform to make decision. 

So think before you spew out garbage. Enjoy upgrading your PC four time during the life-span of one console generation. 

#8 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

I have to agree with Jo-Mamma. I also prefer to play games on my Xbox 360 instead of PC.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox