• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Independent IT security institute AV-TEST has released its latest report for the best antivirus software. The institute graded Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 as the best when it comes to protection from malwares and declared Microsoft Security Essentials 4.1 as the worst one. Bitdefender got 6/6 maximum in the "protection" category, where as MSE got 1.5/6 only and was the lowest in the test results.

Trend Micro: Titanium Maximum Security 2013 and F-Secure: Internet Security 2013 also scored 6/6 in protection but they lacked in repair and usability marginally. Symantec: Norton Internet Security 2013 and Kaspersky: Internet Security 2013 got 5.5/6 in protection and earned 4th and 5th positions respectively.

If we talk about free antivirus solutions, then AVG scored the maximum with 5.0/6. Both Avast and Avira could got only 4.5 out of 6, which is still much higher as compared to that of MSE which is currently the most popular free antivirus.

Bitdefender recently released a Bitdefender Free Edition for home users which uses the same virus definition as is used by Bitdefender Internet Security 2013. It would definitely be the the best option for those who want the best protection from malwares but for free.

Here below is the list from the best-to-worst:

Qn7za.png

#2 Darcena

Darcena

WinMatrixian

• 100 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Are Windows Defender and MSE same? Should I disable it before installing Bitdefender's free version in Windows 8?

#3 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

Yes they are same. I think Bitdefender didn't ask me to disable Windows Defender when I was testing it but according to this post. It asks to uninstall Avast and Malwarebytes.

http://www.winmatrix...edition-review/

Any how, it is recommended not to use two antivirus together so it's better to disable Windows Defender.

#4 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

already running Windows with no A/V installed. I hate how most A/Vs slow down browsing in Explorer.

#5 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

already running Windows with no A/V installed. I hate how most A/Vs slow down browsing in Explorer.

facepalm-500x4001.jpg

#6 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

facepalm-500x4001.jpg

suit yourself, man.

#7 Ju?

Ju?

www.grandrev.com

• 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Why is Comodo not on this list? It's awesome.

#8 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

Why is Comodo not on this list? It's awesome.

Comodo is one of the worst antivirus. Stay away form it! The only thing I like about Comodo is that the whole "Internet Security" is free but when it comes to antivirus, it's no where as good as Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have even seen spammers from Comodo on Winmatrix, trying to promote Comodo antivirus.

#9 AllanP

AllanP

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Why didn't you mention Unthreat Antivirus, it's really good and it's free! I totally recommend it.

#10 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Comodo is one of the worst antivirus. Stay away form it! The only thing I like about Comodo is that the whole "Internet Security" is free but when it comes to antivirus, it's no where as good as Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have even seen spammers from Comodo on Winmatrix, trying to promote Comodo antivirus.

Stay away from the free comodo firewall. It logs what ip addresses you go to and sends it to their servers (from what I have read).

#11 JenishS

JenishS

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

I don't know about other people but I find Quick Heal anti-virus to protect my computer the best. It has weeded out all those worms that were slowing down my system. My computer now works smoothly and because of Quick Heal periodic scans, I am rest assured that my computer is safe.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antivirus, bitdefender, mse, avast, avg, avira