3 replies to this topic

#1 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

mjrnS.png

This is a reminder for all the Windows Live Mesh users that the service will be retired on February 13, 2013. On this date, all your files stored on the could will be deleted. And the folders you synced to online storage for Mesh, called "Mesh synced storage" or "SkyDrive synced storage," will no longer be available through Mesh or devices.live.com.

So make sure you save all the files on your computer you synced online. If you're still syncing the files between your computer and Mesh online storage, the latest versions should already be on your computer. But if you stopped syncing them on your computer, or if you uninstalled Mesh, follow these steps to access your files:
  • Go to http://devices.live.com
  • Click View synced folders
  • Click a folder to view its contents
  • Click each file to download it
Microsoft advises Live Mesh users to install SkyDrive to sync their files.

#2 D7777

D7777

WinMatrixian

• 114 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Live Mesh and SkyDrive, both use Microsoft account. How difficult it is for Microsoft to move Live Mesh's files to SkyDrive automatically?

#3 Franklin Brown

Franklin Brown

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

In the time it has taken for Microsoft to make up their mind on cloud storage, I've long since decided to settle on DropBox.  Does everything I need, doesn't cost me a nickel, runs on all my PCs, through all my work proxies, and has a client for iOS and Android. 

I mean, how difficult is this for the world's foremost software company to figure out?

#4 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

My only issue with Dropbox is its low storage space. When SkyDrive launched, I installed it on my PC immediately for getting 25 GB of storage space, where as Dropbox gives you 2 GB only.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skydrive