• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Ok, so, yeah, good luck Yanike and Jatin. (and other mods)

I have been a member of this forum since 2004.  In the beginning I posted my apps exclusively here, did articles, and tried my best to promote WinMatrix at every step.  Having done that, I am in a constant battle with HamedDanger over him stealing (non-credited work to the original author)  visual styles and taking praise as if he his self had designed the style.

He is simply re-packaging other people's works.  W/O permission. 

Anyway, I feel that it is time for me to leave.  WinMatrix is not the place that it used to be, this giant family of a community where people had fun doing posts... It's just not how it was.  I retired from programming, and now i am leaving.

For those of you that have been with me while I was here, I enjoyed the company.  Some of the people vanished after my first year, some i came to become friends with, and i still consider friends, even if i dont talk very much. (CommonSense, Preath, Cas, Yanike, Jatin, Frylock, etc, el... sorry if i leave a name out here or there, i dont intend to offend... Heck, I will even miss Eye Pie Rate...)

I almost made it a decade, if I had made it a bit longer.  Aah well.  I can only take so much.

So, yeah.  Goodbye.  Now to see if i can delete my account.

Solo-Dev, AKA Solo, AKA Villain.

Edited by Villain, 03 January 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#2 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

It has come to me as a shock. You have been keeping WinMatrix stabilize since long and we really needed a mod like you. From your post it seems that you have firmly decided to leave the site but you will always be welcomed whenever you wish so. 

You have been a good friend and will be missed definitely. I'll keep in touch with you through Facebook. :)

P.S. Other mods and news posters's powers have been withdrawn temporarily due to some errors originating while upgrading the site.

Edit: Heck, I really wish and expect you to re-join the community.

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

When i discovered that I could not edit Hamed's latest post, I decided to call it and end it.  It has been an ever-long fight with him over getting permission... Making skinpacks by using amateur modified dll's is a great way of causing potential damage to  a system.   I dont see why he doe snot just use something like custopack or such.

Maybe i will return one day, but for now... fighting hamed has me drained.  Not even Eye Pie gave me this much trouble.

#4 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Not only you but other staff members are also not able to edit any post. While upgrading the sites some errors occurred which are being rectified slowly.

I fail to understand how you have been drained out with the Hamed's case? You had been a mod. You could edit anyone's post and disable anyone's posting abilities for the betterment of the community and then just forget about it. You need not involve yourself emotionally too much.

Anyways, as I've told earlier, you would be a mod again, whenever you wish to be. Take a break for the time being and if you want to discuss anything, you are always welcome.

#5 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

That's sad. I hope you'll still be around.

#6 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

You will be missed.

#7 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Thanks guys.  I will just take some time off, and see how it goes.  I just continually remind Hamed to post a permissions file for all to see... but he never does so.  It is a continual downhill battle.

#8 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Villain, good luck in all that you do buddy. Try to post back from time to time. Even if you aren't fully active. I know how to reach you if I need you and I will keep my eye on HamedDanger. I show no mercy with stolen work.

av-49352.jpg?_r=1251802298

I'm watching you

Edited by yanike, 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#9 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'm watching you

*insert a dramatic tune here please* :lol:

All of you guys are really great. And Villain thanks for keeping this site alive. We will miss you.

#10 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Villain, good luck in all that you do buddy. Try to post back from time to time. Even if you aren't fully active. I know how to reach you if I need you and I will keep my eye on HamedDanger. I show no mercy with stolen work.

I'm watching you

See, I have this great feeling that Yanike will do a good job in my stead... 

And I will come back from time to time, just not every single day.  WM has been a staple for almost a decade... So yeah, quitting here is almost impossible.

#11 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

It's good to know that we will see you around here. Winmatrix needs members like you.

Hamed has started to post permission notes in his threads as he did here. I hope he will continue the same in the future also.

#12 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

It's good to know that we will see you around here. Winmatrix needs members like you.

Hamed has started to post permission notes in his threads as he did here. I hope he will continue the same in the future also.

:D SO HAPPY.  Ok...  I will be around a bit more, just not every day.

#13 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

So I know I'm not really around here anymore, but I decided to stop back and check up on old friends and to see how everything is going.

I saw that you said goodbye in your profile, Villain, and I wasn't sure what you meant by that. I found this, and after reading your initial post, I was touched to be in that list despite my disappearance.

Anyway, you have done WinMatrix a great service. You brought new dimensions to conversations on here, and you have always kept everything in line. You are a talented dev, and it sucks reading that you are retiring from that kind of work. You are a great guy and moderator of this community, and I only wish you the best.

Also, how do I get in touch with you off this forum? I thought I had your email address, but I don't think you responded. :P I'd like to catch up sometime. I've PMed you my email address, so just send me a note when you get it. 

#14 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Ok so if you look around you will see that I seem to be "sticking around" a bit ... Jatin cooled me off by talking...  However, as how I am trying to get my internet usage under control, you will see me around, just not around as often.    Also: Why is it that when i try to leave you guys post wonderful articles, apps, and infographics?  Is it a conspiracy?

#15 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Ok so if you look around you will see that I seem to be "sticking around" a bit ... Jatin cooled me off by talking...  However, as how I am trying to get my internet usage under control, you will see me around, just not around as often.    Also: Why is it that when i try to leave you guys post wonderful articles, apps, and infographics?  Is it a conspiracy?

Because we are awesome! Leaving is not a possibility anymore.

WinMatrix is like the mafia. Once a member, you ain't leaving. lol ;)

Jatin - Capo di tutti capi (Godfather)

Everything gets cool again once he talks.

#16 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Sorry to see you leave WM...but I'll still see you on Facebook, So I'm not saying good-bye  :D

#17 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

He is not leaving now! :)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!