Popup blocking flash being used

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 992 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Every time my mum tries to play her facebook games she's getting a popup inside flash saying "cc1.midasplayer.com is requesting permission to store information on your computer" if she clicks "deny" nothing happens and it just stays there. How do we get rid of it? She needs her precious facebook games.

#2 Guest_mike cregan_*

Guest_mike cregan_*

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Every time my mum tries to play her facebook games she's getting a popup inside flash saying "cc1.midasplayer.com is requesting permission to store information on your computer" if she clicks "deny" nothing happens and it just stays there. How do we get rid of it? She needs her precious facebook games.

I get that on mine for just one game (Candy Crush). I have to hit deny anywhere from 4 to 8 times for it to go away, only to return the next time I open up the game.I an still trying to find out what this is about.

#3 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 992 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

I get that on mine for just one game (Candy Crush). I have to hit deny anywhere from 4 to 8 times for it to go away, only to return the next time I open up the game.I an still trying to find out what this is about.

That's the one my mum was having problems with, she's sorted it now and i think she said she reduced the amount of data it could save,

#4 Kalphite

Kalphite

ycsoft®

• 184 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

are you specifically using Adblock?

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Chrome. Adblock. Issue Solved.

Or, you know, just dont go to Facebook.  Nothing but a giant time-suck anyway.

#6 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,059 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Use any browser extension which can block websites like SiteBlock for Chrome and add midasplayer.com in the block-list.

#7 Guest_michael perrone_*

Guest_michael perrone_*

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

when I try to play candy crush the cc1.midasplayer.com pops up & stops allplay. why?

#8 Virginia Jolly

Virginia Jolly

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Here's help for Google Chrome (I'm using Windows 7): http://helpx.adobe.c...gle-chrome.html If you type "about:plugins" (remove quotes) on an empty page on the browser bar, then you will get the plug-ins page and which are enabled or disabled. My Adobe Flash player was "enabled", which was correct, but it still didn't work. I switched it with enabling Chrome PDF viewer and refreshed the page. Then I switched back and enabled Adobe Flash Player again and refreshed the page. I got out of my Candy Crush game, went back to it, and it was clear. I think I refreshed that page, too. Kind of like "jiggling a switch" when it doesn't quite work right, or tapping a needle gauge. Hope this helps.

#9 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 125 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Not reviving this intentionally, it's still on top of the forum.. :)

For anyone with Flash issues, this one and similar, a Google query for 'adobe flash settings' will give you:

1. Settings Manager
  2. & Global Storage Settings panel

*just btw.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!