• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

iARD0.jpg

BlueStacks, which brought Android apps on PCs and Macs is now considering a version for Windows RT. It means more than 700,000 Android apps could run on ARM-based Surface RT tablet.

BlueStacks' RT intentions were aired by one of its employees in a support forum a month ago but gained wide exposure this week when the company announced its software hit the five million download mark.

After several forum users asked the company about its RT plans, they got the following reply from BlueStacks engineer Deepak Sharma:

"We appreciate your taking the time to use BlueStacks. We are considering offering BlueStacks for Windows R/T next year."

BlueStacks App Player

#2 Abador

Abador

Abador

• 78 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Now that would make me buy RT tablets. I hope the performance will be good.

#3 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Wow, great news! :D

#4 Abador

Abador

Abador

• 78 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

I got one question in term of business. Is bluestack helping Android to boost its app productivity.

When you release this for Windows RT, people would lose their focus from Windows Store apps and switch to bluestack, keeping the performance in mind. Same can happen to developers...

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bluestacks, android, emulator, apps, windows rt