• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image

Today marks 500 days until Microsoft officially switches off the lights for Windows XP, its longest-running and most-popular operating system. Yet businesses all over the world are still using XP, and hundreds of thousands of business-critical legacy apps are still dependent on this operating system. Unless these businesses have migrated within the next 500 days, their business-critical data will be left increasingly open to corruption, infection, theft or exploitation.

April 8th 2014 is Microsoft's official end date for support of XP. From this date Microsoft will no longer provide any form of support for XP, including crucial security updates. All companies currently running XP are being encouraged to move to Windows 7 or Windows 8.

The Counter

#2 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

...or Windows 7. Just get off XP for goodness sake.

#3 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

...or Windows 7. Just get off XP for goodness sake.

Yep. Windows 7 is stable and WAYYYYY better than XP. You can even buy new computers really cheap with Windows 7 and good specs.

#4 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 827 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

500 days... is that even news worthy?

That's almost a year and a half, and anyone still using XP now will more than likely not upgrade by then anyway considering they missed Vista, 7 and 8, and there probably won't be a major new release by then anyway

#5 BinaryChaos

BinaryChaos

WinMatrixian

• 169 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

<_< You guys have to keep in mind that there are some people who can't afford to upgrade or just aren't computer savvy enough to know the features they are missing out on but why would someone care about all of this when all they do is read email, surf the web, scan and print? I know a few people who still run Windows XP on their computer and I remember years ago when Windows XP was the latest operating system there were those still running Windows 98se. Bottom line is people will catch up when it's necessary for them or until Microsoft cuts them off.

Edited by BinaryChaos, 24 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#6 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Kill it with fire! Then burn the remains!

#7 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

<_< You guys have to keep in mind that there are some people who can't afford to upgrade or just aren't computer savvy enough to know the features they are missing out on but why would someone care about all of this when all they do is read email, surf the web, scan and print? I know a few people who still run Windows XP on their computer and I remember years ago when Windows XP was the latest operating system there were those still running Windows 98se. Bottom line is people will catch up when it's necessary for them or until Microsoft cuts them off.

I don't think there are actually people out there that can't save up for a new PC over 11 years.

As for the new features, people don't know if or not they want the new features until they've tried it. No one knew that they needed an iPhone - until they actually tried one.

The "cut off" you mention is coming soon. Even for surfing, reading email, scanning, and printing, Windows 7 provides a superior experience. That is how outdated Windows XP is.

#8 Dr. Doom

Dr. Doom

Active WinMatrixian

• 529 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Posted Image

#9 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Great one Dr. Doom. :lol:

#10 livingundead1137

livingundead1137

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Yep. Windows 7 is stable and WAYYYYY better than XP. You can even buy new computers really cheap with Windows 7 and good specs.

true 

but windows 7 isn't exactly gamer friendly 

i mean you can't play slender woods which is a game that is legendary

high five

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!