• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Posted Image
Microsoft has released a preview version of Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors. Changes are mostly under the hood. There are very few visual differences from IE9 but the upgrade delivers some major performance improvements. An upgraded Javascript engine, assorted rendering improvements and other tweaks give IE0 Release Preview a major performance boost over IE9.

Do Not Track is now enabled by default, supposedly to enhance your privacy. But as some companies have said they'll ignore this as it's not based on a user decision to opt out.

Enhanced Protected Mode further isolates the browser to limit what malware can do, and can be enabled at Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Security. But this will disable any extensions which aren't compatible with the new technology.

Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7

#2 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

About time :)

Now, I can update my sites and test them out with IE10 fully.

#3 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

IE10 is as good as Chrome on Windows 8. Microsoft is finally on the right track.

#4 KamZay

KamZay

WinMatrixian

• 154 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

IE10 is the browser Windows 7 deserves but not the one it needs right now. Install Chrome and you are good to go! ;)

#5 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Microsoft needs to drop the Metro style with the scroll bar. Keep the look the same as IE9. People use Windows 7, because they LIKE Aero.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!