• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Posted Image

Microsoft is back in control according to Kaspersky Labs. The security researchers have named the top 10 offending companies/products, and for once, Microsoft has been knocked off the list thanks to improvements in Windows 7 & 8, but Apple is not so lucky this time.

Here is a list of the top 10 worst offenders:

• Oracle Java Multiple Vulnerabilities: DoS-attack (Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges) and Cross-Site Scripting (Gain access to sensitive data). Highly Critical.

• Oracle Java Three Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Extremely Critical.

• Adobe Flash Player Multiple Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Gain access to sensitive data. Highly Critical.

• Adobe Flash Player Multiple Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Bypass security systems. Highly Critical.

• Adobe Reader/Acrobat Multiple Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Extremely Critical.

• Apple QuickTime Multiple Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Highly Critical.

• Apple iTunes Multiple Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Highly Critical.

• Winamp AVI / IT File Processing Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Highly Critical.

• Adobe Shockwave Player Multiple Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Highly Critical.

• Adobe Flash Player Multiple Vulnerabilities: Gain access to a system and execute arbitrary code with local user privileges. Bypass security systems. Gain access to sensitive data. Extremely Critical.

Hothardware

#2 Chrominator

Chrominator

Active WinMatrixian

• 671 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

I only have Adobe Reader installed and nothing else out of the above list. I hope I'm safe. :P

#3 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

LOL, these plugins suck!

#4 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

But to the rest of the world, Microsoft has the most insecure products.

#5 Darren 54

Darren 54

Active WinMatrixian

• 548 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Microsoft products are insecure because of these plugins.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!