• 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the tip! I know plenty of people that would benefit from this! :D

#22 RavenIE

RavenIE

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Wouldn't it still be illegal? I mean you're buying an upgrade so technically you need genuine copy of win 7 to have genuine win 8 upgrade.

#23 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,798 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Wouldn't it still be illegal?

I'm sure Microsoft knew about this and they are still allowing the upgrade so that pirates can become their genuine customers.

#24 wooojtas

wooojtas

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hi, is there any way to get it done with bootcamp Windows 7 on Macbook Pro ?

#25 Chacobo

Chacobo

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Apparently I couldn't do it - it asks for a product key (which I don't have). I entered the key from windows loader extreme edition, but it didn't work and I was rejected.

Any hint? Thanks.

You dont even have to spend $40. You can get it for $15 if you go to the upgrade website designed for people who just bought computers. Put in bogus info (purchase date in past 2 months) and blam, code to get it at $15.

link pwease~ :cry:

neverming, i've found it https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com

It didn't ask product key from me. The site asks PC Brand and PC Model. You can enter any bogus info there and get a discount promo code.

It asks me for product key too. Care to share which brand/ model number did you put in?

Edit: I've tried several other combinations. Apparently it's not about the brand/ model number.

Edited by Chacobo, 01 November 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#26 Ashish Saxena

Ashish Saxena

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

but on microsoft site it is not mentioned that u can upgrade to windows 8 pro from your pirated windows.they want only genuine windows license.???? what to do

Posted Image

Yes, you can get Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 USD even if you have non-legit pirated version of Windows 7. I'm not encouraging piracy. I'm just stating that it's the right time to convert/upgrade your pirated copy of Windows OS to genuine one.

Here are the steps for the clean installation of Windows 8 with the Upgrade license.

• Download Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Assistant. The file is 5 MB only.
  • It will scan your Windows 7 license. SLIC injection passes the test.
  • Chose the digital download and make payment via Credit Cards or PayPal.
  • You will get your product key after the payment.
  • After downloading the setup files, you will be asked to choose how you want the OS.
  • It's recommended to build an ISO file and burn it to a DVD with built in DVD burner software, if you are upgrading from Windows 7 (legit or non-legit).
  • After burning the DVD, turn off your PC, and set your DVD drive as the primary drive in BIOS.
  • Start the PC and the installation will start. You can format the C: drive and recreate the partition at this stage.
  • Installation is automated and will take a few minutes only. Enjoy your shiny new OS after the installation. :)
Remember, you don't have to backup your old copy of Windows 7 and it's product code. Just backup the DVD of Windows 8 and keep your product code at the safe place. Next time, whenever you need to re-install Windows 8, just pop-in the Windows 8 DVD. ;)

#27 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,059 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

@Ashish Saxena

Microsoft would never mention that you can upgrade on pirated copy.

But it's confirmed that if your copy of Windows 7 is activated with SLIC injection or any other similar method then you can upgrade. Just install the Upgrade Assistant and try yourself. :D

#28 Bouncy Ola

Bouncy Ola

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

how to put the upgrading win 8 into win 7 dvd ?
coz incase u want to format ur laptop u will need to install win 7 first then use upgrading win 8 so if there any way I can mix both of them on dvd so no need to back to win 7 before I install win 8 will be great
thx

bouncy9@live.com

Edited by Bouncy Ola, 07 November 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#29 Darren 54

Darren 54

Active WinMatrixian

• 519 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

@Bouncy Ola
You won't have to install Windows 7 again if you ever need to format your PC in future. Just use the Windows 8 DVD, enter your code and install the OS. ;)

#30 Guest_Will_*

Guest_Will_*

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Hi, is there any way to get it done with bootcamp Windows 7 on Macbook Pro ?

Here is the Boot Camp stuff after upgrading from to Windows 8:

• Once you go through the who are you, what wireless / network screens and you get through the logon screen. DO NOT reboot!
  • Uninstall Boot Camp from Windows.
  • Do not repair. This can install additional copies of the Apple drivers and further send you into frustration. And in the end you will uninstall anyway.
  • Insert your Boot Camp CD and run the installer.
  • Make sure that you select the default boot OS, if that's your thing. Also check the Apple Updates if you are using an original Boot Camp CD. I might suggest creating a new one from the iOS side of the PC since it will download the most recent version.

#31 alancito10t

alancito10t

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

@Ashish Saxena

Microsoft would never mention that you can upgrade on pirated copy.

But it's confirmed that if your copy of Windows 7 is activated with SLIC injection or any other similar method then you can upgrade. Just install the Upgrade Assistant and try yourself. :D

Having pirated Windows 7 (dont know with what) I downloaded the Upgrade Assistant. Almost all is good, except 3-4 programs. But I have fear of one thing: just after showing that big blue screen in the install, obviously after downloading the system, a 'Checking for updates' screen appears (seen this in a video, I didn't buy it yet). Updates of 7 or 8? Really, I don't want to spend $40 and see in front of me a window that says YOU CAN'T UPDATE :P

#32 Guest_markydtt_*

Guest_markydtt_*

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Just for those who are asking about the $15 discount:

I selected The HP Pavilion 11" Notebook using the model code: DM1-4108AU
I entered JB Hi Fi (Australian retailer) as the retailer and was approved without being asked for a key. Hope this helps!

#33 Guest_purchaseeofWindows8_*

Guest_purchaseeofWindows8_*

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

I have pirated Windows 7 Ultimate, and I purchased the Windows 8 Pro Upgrade. I'm getting the 'Windows 8 has failed installation' error.
I tried doing a clean install and it still doesn't work.
I tried to reinstall the pirated Windows 7 Ultimate and retried to upgrade to win 8 pro using a usb, and still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

#34 Guest_ankualex_*

Guest_ankualex_*

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Where are the files after download?? i don't see any file in my computer. I want to make a dvd but i don't know where are the files

#35 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,942 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Where are the files after download?? i don't see any file in my computer. I want to make a dvd but i don't know where are the files

Posted Image

Chose Install by creating media and then click Next on Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant.

Choose ISO file and slick Save

Save it to your desktop. A Windows.iso file will be created.

If there is no Install by creating media option then use the download link from the e-mail. It will install Upgrade Assistant again but you will see the .ISO option this time.

#36 Guest_Viny_*

Guest_Viny_*

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

By going to other websites, I feel:

Upgrade means not purchasing a new license, but getting a New license by upgrading at a discounted price, from a current version of licensed version. Hence, if you upgrade from a Pirated OS, and you get a New License for Win 8, still there would be a risk of someone asking for the original License from which you have upgraded.

Secondly, you would need to take original license for other MS products such as MS Office, as they would be having a database of such users now, and may be can check if they have legit or not

#37 Guest_Backlash_*

Guest_Backlash_*

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

what the my screen resolution not compatible with win 8 ridiculous

#38 Thall33

Thall33

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

OK.

1. Does this still work. Somoene confim?
2. Will this work with the 'removewat'
3. IS the license test before the buy page?? (I do not want to buy an upgrade to find out that it won't even pass the license check.)

#39 Guest_alex_*

Guest_alex_*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

how the **** we create the iso file!!!!????

#40 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 351 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

OK.

1. Does this still work. Somoene confim?
2. Will this work with the 'removewat'
3. IS the license test before the buy page?? (I do not want to buy an upgrade to find out that it won't even pass the license check.)

1. Yes
2. Don't know but it works with OEM BIOS hack.
3. Don't worry. License test is before the checkout (buy page).

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!