44 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

POPULAR

y1VEC.jpg

Yes, you upgrade to Windows 8 Pro even if you have non-legit pirated version of Windows 7. I'm not encouraging piracy. I'm just stating that it's the right time to convert / upgrade your pirated copy of Windows OS to genuine one.

Here are the steps for the clean installation of Windows 8 with the Upgrade license.

• Download Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Assistant. The file is 5 MB only.
  • It will scan your Windows 7 license. SLIC injection passes the test.
  • Chose the digital download and make payment via Credit Cards or PayPal.
  • You will get your product key after the payment.
  • After downloading the setup files, you will be asked to choose how you want the OS.
  • It's recommended to build an ISO file and burn it to a DVD with built in DVD burner software, if you are upgrading from Windows 7 (legit or non-legit).
  • After burning the DVD, turn off your PC, and set your DVD drive as the primary drive in BIOS.
  • Start the PC and the installation will start. You can format the C: drive and recreate the partition at this stage.
  • Installation is automated and will take a few minutes only. Enjoy your shiny new OS after the installation. :)

Remember, you don't have to backup your old Windows 7 DVD. Just backup the DVD of Windows 8 and keep your product code at the safe place. Next time, whenever you need to re-install Windows 8, just insert the Windows 8 DVD and start the installation. ;)

Update: The price of Windows 8 Pro upgrade has been raised from $39.99 to $199.99 after January 31st but if you are a student, you can still get Windows 8 Pro for $69.99.

#2 R@6271M3

R@6271M3

Donnie

• 347 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

You just made my day! :o

#3 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Upgraded right at midnight! :D

#4 KamZay

KamZay

WinMatrixian

• 154 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#5 Eddy4823

Eddy4823

New WinMatrixian

• 41 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

LOL.. m getting it !!

#6 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Upgraded to Windows 8 already, I'm Lovin' It! :D

#7 Mayankoo

Mayankoo

Mayank Agarwal

• 177 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Maybe it's Microsoft's Trick-o-Treat to encourage [or rather force] us to use Windows 8.

#8 Darren 54

Darren 54

Active WinMatrixian

• 548 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Agreed with the above post. A Windows 7 pirate will pirate Windows 8 too with the full price of $70, but if a pirate is buying their OS for even half the price, let him buy! :D

#9 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

POPULAR

A family member bought the $15 Windows 8 upgrade with a new Laptop, then decided they dont want it, so i am reimbursing them the $15 and taking the Win 8 upgrade :D
Also, I think this was MS's plan all along. $40 for a fully legit OS, that does not care if the prior version was legit or not? Master idea.

Also, again, Some are also right. Some will pirate Windows 8 "just because". But wait until they start getting that blue "Activate Windows Now" screen that CAN NOT BE DISABLED WHAT SO EVER... (A friend has this issue, i still laugh at him)..

Just pay the damned $40, use an app to skip the metro start screen, go right to desktop, and have pretty much Windows 7 SP 2 (Metro Edition) for $40. HOW CAN YOU LOSE ON THIS? YOU CANT.

#10 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

It's weird that Windows 7 pirates are upgrading to Windows 8 for $39.99 and Linux or Mac users will have to buy it for $69.99. :P

#11 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Maybe its their way of persuading the pirates to go legit

#12 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Stick with Windows 7. Done.

In all seriousness.. Not a bad upgrade to be legit.

Edited by yanike, 26 October 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#13 Eddy4823

Eddy4823

New WinMatrixian

• 41 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

I got a promo code for free. Getting it for 13 $ only.. lolol...

#14 eskieman

eskieman

WinMatrixian

• 99 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

You dont even have to spend $40. You can get it for $15 if you go to the upgrade website designed for people who just bought computers. Put in bogus info (purchase date in past 2 months) and blam, code to get it at $15.

#15 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

hmmmm.. this is quite interesting.. i'm tempted to buy it..

#16 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

You dont even have to spend $40. You can get it for $15 if you go to the upgrade website designed for people who just bought computers. Put in bogus info (purchase date in past 2 months) and blam, code to get it at $15.

link pwease~ :cry:

neverming, i've found it https://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com

Edited by zool, 28 October 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#17 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Whoa! :o

#18 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Bought another license for my Family PC, thanks a lot. :D

#19 maboleth

maboleth

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Apparently I couldn't do it - it asks for a product key (which I don't have). I entered the key from windows loader extreme edition, but it didn't work and I was rejected.

Any hint? Thanks.

#20 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Apparently I couldn't do it - it asks for a product key (which I don't have). I entered the key from windows loader extreme edition, but it didn't work and I was rejected.

Any hint? Thanks.

It didn't ask product key from me. The site asks PC Brand and PC Model. You can enter any bogus info there and get a discount promo code.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 8, windows 7, piracy, microsoft