27 replies to this topic

#21 Vistaborders

Vistaborders

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:02 PM

And here are all the nice tutorial websites: Click Here

Thanks for that link I needed that one myself. Plus I have found some other great info on what programs to use. I have decided myself to learn making them as well and hope to have a decent one done soon.

#22 odd

odd

if only i had all orange stars

• 228 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:40 PM

good wallpapers with a side dish of popularity (mmmmmmm i work as a part time chef)

ingredients
a box of photo shop cs2
a teaspoon of good tutorials.com
a pinch of imagination
(optional) a wallet full of money for courses and books (hey that how i started)

method
mix it up together

conclusion
in a few years, good wallpapers

p.s.
don't make stuff from peoples ideas or wallpapers,invent your own ideas and wallpapers,you ll be respected for it
also try to understand peoples criticism :)

#23 desktop_bob

desktop_bob

WinMatrixian

• 77 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

Latley I've been using Paint.NET. It's pretty easy to use and it's got a great forum with plug-ins and tutorials. And best of all, it's free! :)

#24 Minga

Minga

Minganator

• 246 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

Hi
I've had a go at it, and was only partially successful. I've used people in the wallpaper, and can't get rid of some problems:
- Pixellates when I view it
- Colour filling is a bit messy
It looks alright from far, but it needs fixing. Can anyone suggest what I should do? I'm using GIMP 2.2.
(P.S Don't be too harsh, it's my first effort)

Attached Files

#25 Minga

Minga

Minganator

• 246 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for your criticism and help guys...I will work to do a better job next time! :D

#26 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi. I just re-uploaded hundreds of character and background stock imagery into the following threads. You may use them however you wish. Cut them up, blend them together, etc. It is all stock and I release it into the public domain. Enjoy!

http://www.winmatrix...racter-renders/

http://www.winmatrix...und-wallpapers/

And, yes, Paint.net does the trick, it is a solid app. All after render imagery editing , for every image, was done in Paint.net. (I'm no pro, but PDN can definitely be a good way to go, if you are not trying to get lost in photoshop or gimp)

Edited by deema, 22 March 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#27 Faulkner

Faulkner

New WinMatrixian

• 17 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

In love with wallpaper but think it’s not “now” anymore? Now hear this! Style is what YOU make it and if wallpaper is beautiful in your eyes, then your walls will be beautiful, too.  Just listen to your heart and to Laura Jan Walsh whose walls speak volumes about their past and their present.

#28 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

Btw.,
a box of photo shop cs2

^^ Photoshop CS2 (& the CS2 (9.0) Adobe Suite) were released in April 2005, some two years before; when you posted that, Adobe CS3 was already out. :-0 Released in April 2007.

For anyone looking to start up now, we've just installed (and tested) the ~8GB Adobe Creative Suite CS6 Master Collection [Dmg -MultiLang] Torrent.
..& only using the patched DLLs, in the 32-bit and the 64-bit folders. So far it seems to be working fine, but we will have to see after the 30 days.

Nevertheless, we had used the SuprBay Adobe Tool - but, only to patch the Windbl0w$ hosts file! (and none of the cracks/patches from that program, whatsoever); but haven't tried the new(est) Adobe CC version(s).

P.S.

Your best bet is to get a program, familiarize yourself with it, and start making things on your own.
Hehe! Nice old-school reply there, Areus! xD

It was, like (no ****, Sherlock!), writing:
  • Get on a computer, make sure it's plugged in;
  • Turn it on & then work on it!
^^ or SMTH,, lolol

;-P ;-D :-D

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!