• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Posted Image

Clover is an extension of the Windows Explorer, to add multi-tab functionality similar to Google Chrome browser. After install Clover, you will be able to open multiple folders within the same window, and you can also add folder bookmarks.

Download Clover

Don't worry about the Chinese language. The program is in English. Clover supports Windows 7, Vista and XP.

Clover website

Edited by Secured Tim, 28 August 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#2 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Whats this? A wild new replacement for WindowTabs, that has been made a pay for app and is never updated?

Oh yeah, good find, trying this app out!

Posted Image

Ok so it has a "slight" issue under Windows 8, but you know what, who cares. I can use it like this. It is tolerable.

Thanks Tim!

#3 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'm glad you like it and thanks for confirming that it works on Windows 8. There are two more apps which can add tabs to Windows explorer: TabExplorer and QTTabBar.

#4 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

It looks perfect on Windows 7. :D

#5 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'm glad you like it and thanks for confirming that it works on Windows 8. There are two more apps which can add tabs to Windows explorer: TabExplorer and QTTabBar.

I re-downloaded it and installed it on my Win 8 laptop, looks perfect, so it must be because on this machine, i have hacked my titlebar. So this is a "glitch" that you will only get if you have changed the default WindowMetrics from the Registry.

Changing them back today. I love this app!

#6 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Ok so i have noticed that under Windows 8, if i want to use on Desktop mode the WiFi / Connection manager slide panel, if clover is running, no text/buttons/anything will be on the Connection Manager's slide out panel. However, closing out Clover then clicking the connection icon in the system tray will show the available connections.

I am assuming that Clover grabs all active activities of Explorer, and as how the connection manager is an activity of Explorer, it does not show right. The solution is simple, close clover, and then click on the connection manager.

Just reporting a bug.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!