Yet another "tuner" from me.
With Desktop Background Tuner you will able:
- Add or remove items into "Picture Location" combobox. I will call them "groups" for simplicity, ok?
- Add or remove folders to "Windows Desktop Backgrounds" group in Desktop Background settings.
- Add or remove folders to any other group you have added in "Picture Location" combobox.
- Add personal folder or add system-wide folder to group.
- You can control grouping of images. There are several setting available:
- grouping by file author
- grouping by file comment
- grouping by date
- grouping by file extension
- grouping by Mime type
- grouping by file name (non-localized)
- grouping by file name (localized with desktop.ini)
- By default grouping is set to localized folder name. Now you can change it.
- You can change animation duration when desktop wallpaper changing. In other words, you can set speed of the fade effect transition.
Note: this trick is not available for Windows 8. Microsoft has removed animation duration option from registry and this settings has no effect in Windows 8.
- You can delete "Picture location" cache/history of Desktop Background option with one click.
Video is better than images.
Free, portable, sometimes it requires admin rights. Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Donwload Link and more info
Edited by hb860, 30 July 2012 - 07:34 PM.