Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Microsoft removed Windows Start button because people stopped using it

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Start Button (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you really stop using start button in Windows 7?

1. Yes (6 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. No (42 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#41 Gramature

Gramature

New WinMatrixian

• 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Microsoft is insane. I use Start button all the time. I launch apps, I search trought it, I TURN MY COMPUTER OFF from it!

From the desktop app in win 8 you should be able to start typing when not clicked into a window and start a search within your computer for anything. The same way it works while in the start up in win 8.. would make things very easy

#42 Seputarsoftware

Seputarsoftware

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Not guaranteedappealingndessentialsning, as the Start Button is stiprohere. Inside detail, there's three currently on Windows 8, tconcord them being on screen.

What they must be inflicted with understood was with the intention of the Start Menu of old was equipped to evolve, and fit to today's PCs. The Start Screen is a lovely addition to Windows 8, and I can't pass the time to think it over it's the makings unleashed in the then hardly any years.

#43 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 468 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Come on, Frylock86/FalseAgent/any-other-trolls-over-there, stop making these fake accounts, no one really reads that shit, right?!

#44 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

Come on, Frylock86/FalseAgent/any-other-trolls-over-there, stop making these fake accounts, no one really reads that shit, right?!

You really think that we have nothing better to do than to make fake accounts here? I'm not that desperate.

#45 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

Why Microsoft windows dominates over those traditional other tech devices? Because it is so easy to use compared to those other operating systems. The classic UI is so self explanatory that even a child could learn to use windows easily. The start menu has played a major role in that. Now suddenly it is taken away without any reason and windows becomes a bit more difficult to handle.

The Start Menu was not taken away. It has evolved to fill a new purpose. And there are many, many reasons why it needed to evolve.

http://www.neowin.ne...enu-discussion/

Edited by Frylock86, 13 July 2012 - 03:42 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!