• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Posted Image

Skype 4.0 for Linux has been released! You will find four major changes in this release:

• New Conversations View where users can easily track all of their chats in a unified window. Those users who prefer the old view can disable this in the Chat options;
  • Brand new Call View;
  • Call quality has never been better thanks to several investments we made in improving audio quality; and
  • Improving video call quality and extended support for more cameras.
Download Skype 4.0 for Linux
Skype Blog

#2 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have installed and I have disabled all new features.
I don't like them.

Edited by hb860, 17 June 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#3 Gr8

Gr8

New WinMatrixian

• 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

I'm not too fond of Skype myself, I'd recommend some good alternatives to it instead. (such as Google+ hangouts) 

#4 old5chool

old5chool

WinMatrixian

• 162 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

alternatives

The problem is.. There aren't any *alternatives*. Pidgin developers (ex Gaim) reverse-engineer the Messenger protocol and we can use it there, but there's no such thing with Skype (I think it's because the encryption is off the scale, not 100% sure and lazy 2 look it up :)). So because everyone IS on Skype (business contacts, or whatever), it's preventing us from using some XMPP server(s) to keep in touch and communicate the same way (OTR encryption is also GPG is available, for example - much the same way your Skype traffic is encrypted, except Micro$oft and the government can't spy on you as easily).

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!