6 replies to this topic

#1 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Posted Image
This is the Start Menu replacement you've been waiting for.

mStartEX aims to be a Windows 8 like start menu, but for windows XP and above (xp, Vista, 7) and mStartEX is a Continious Beta, much like how Minecraft was.

This means that it is still being developed, and that it may have bugs and issues, but the benefit for purchasing it is that your getting it at a much lower price as it is now, than if you are to wait until it gets better, then you would pay a larger price for it.

You can use the link below to download the normal version, or you can, either in-app, or online, click the purchase button.

Purchasing unlocks several advanced features. Total cost of purchase is a suggested $1.25 USD, however, I wont complain if you pay more.

mStartEX's activation keys are Lifetime, no need to buy a new key with every update!

To see some screenshots of mStartEX, please visit my blog!

http://solo-soft.com

To receive your Activation key, for those that want to Go Pro, email me your Serial key, as found in the Settings window. I will PERSONALLY generate for you an Activation key, and email it to you.

Until I can come up with an automated solution, this is how i will be doing it.

#2 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

Looks good. Whats extra in the pro version?

#3 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

more tiles effects, fullscreen mode (like Windows 8 start screen), invisible mode, skinned icons, random background colors (like Windows 8), fuzzy clock and no sorting.
more is on the way though. I have a working plug-in system for the next release so that people can download plugins and use this, and yes, that is only Pro version. Also, integrated downloads of icon sets, mouse orbs, tiles, etc in the next update. Pro only though.

#4 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

it is live. the main download links to "installer.zip", has three files, gets the app by internet.

mStartEX now has a revision checking system control, if new version is on server, it tells you, prompts for upgrade.
also, backs up all current(at that time) settings, then implements new ones as they show up.

now if you will excuse me, three hours of sleep was had for me to roll this massive update out (if not just for the updater + installer...)
also, a sick kitten is in my lap, needing Daddy's Attention and Love.

#5 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

The program looks pretty good. I also love the site. It's simple and straight to the point! (Y)

#6 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

The program looks pretty good. I also love the site. It's simple and straight to the point! (Y)

Thanks Jatin. tell me either here or on FB if you want an activation key, free. You have tolerated me for so long that you deserve something for it!
Also, i did not do the main website... a friend did, he took my app and make the site as much like the app as he could. I think that he did pretty good!

#7 quaz1957

quaz1957

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

SuprVillian aka solo-dev (r. murphy) - "hi !! - i just purchased your "mstartex-pro v2.0" via my paypal account to your paypal account and needed to send you an email request for the "Activation key" - please see my aol email account just below - Thank You !!"

re: quaz's email.addy: quaz1957@aol.com

ps: "i've been observing you and your work since you began many years ago - glad to see your technical knowledge and growth - 'mstartex-pro" looks like a great windows enhancement - i'm looking forward to giving mstartex it's full live spin - please keep up the great work you do - it makes a difference to the community - because, your making a difference."

re2:snapshots & attachments 1 & 2

Attached Files

Edited by quaz1957, 19 September 2012 - 08:58 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!