So, here is Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner.
This portable free application for Windows 7 and Windows 8 allows you:
- Adjust thumbnails size
- Adjust the number of thumbnails for grouped application windows.
- Adjust horizontal spacing between the thumbnails
- Adjust vertical spacing between the thumbnails
- Adjust thumbnail's caption position
- Adjust top margin
- Adjust bottom margin
- Adjust left margin
- Adjust right margin
- Completely disable taskbar's thumbnails.
I have reject some settings because they are useless. If you interesting you can see genesis of the user interface here.
I have prepared demo video of Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner.
There are two versions available - first is for Windows 7 and second is for Windows 8. They are similar but one of them was compiled with .NET 4.5 to match Windows 8.
To roll back any changes you made use "Defaults" button. It restores all settings to their defaults. Note what every time you click "apply" or "defaults" button the Windows Explorer will be restarted.
Download Taskbar Thumbnails Tuner
Edited by hb860, 14 June 2012 - 08:04 AM.