msstyle with this start orb for XP
Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:45 PM
link to the four themes i use the most is
attached picture is of the current start button in the four msstyles i attached in rar file.
i want them to be replaced with above buttons which are present in start.ini file in rainmeter themes.
let me know if u need that ini file or u can create by your own.
thanks & kind regards.
Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:45 PM
Yes, My job is easy if you provide me png images of your desired start buttons from rainmeter skin folder.
Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:28 PM
due to time constraint, i was not able to go to mediafire and create sign up information.
the site doesn't lets you upload untill you fill form.
please choose slow download option at below site on botton of the page.
themes link :
start orbs link :
if you could write plain instructions on changing start button in msstyles, i could try it on my own. i have resource hacker, but could not locate which ping or bmp to change, not in expolrer.exe but in msstyles.
Edited by David Blaine, 29 May 2012 - 01:29 PM.
Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:06 PM
First of all you have to edit only msstyle file not explorer.exe file and for it go through it:
1. Open your desired msstyle file with resource hacker.
2. Go to "BMP" in left side pane.
3. Expand it and search for the name which contain "comenzar" like aero_comenzar or may be comenzar etc. If you found it then you will have a image in right side description area with image thumbnail then go to step 5.
4. If you could not found it then you have to check all images one by one (generally it stays about 31st position).
5. After founding the start button image go to action > Replace Bitmap and now click on Open file with new bitmap button.
6. Locate your desired BMP file. (IT MUST BE A BMP FILE,PNG NOT SUPPORTED)
7. Click On Replace Button.
8. Click On file > Save.
And you have done, If you have updated version of Resource Hacker then it will automatically creates the backup file of your msstyle file in same folder.
If You have any more queries, FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH ME.. For More such tutorials Go to http://askaps.blogspot.com
Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:33 PM
first of all, i really appreciate your prompt replies mate !
i was able to change bitmap image under comenzar but start button appears litlle below the taskbar.
attached a pic to show botton at improper position.
it was a bmp image. attaching that image as well so you can apply to one of your themes ans=d see if size was incorrect.
Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:44 AM
1. Open original msstyle using resource hacker
2. Select Start button (comenzar) file
3. Go to Action > Save (3rd option)
4. select save location with any name
5. open this picture in any image editor and find its image size
6. Resize your new desired BMP with same size
You have done.
For any further query, feel free to ask me.