• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Firefox 12 released last month with some bug-fixes and minor new features. But it wasn't so hot on performance enhancements so if you value speed then you may want to check out Pale Moon 12 and Waterfox 12.

What are these?

These are actually customized versions of Firefox 12, which have been carefully optimized for speed and efficiency. Some of these optimizations involve removing Firefox components which aren't required by most people. It is compiled to take better advantage of modern CPUs too.

How fast they are?

When testing with SunSpider benchmark, both Pale Moon 12 and Waterfox 12 show an average 8% lead over Firefox. Pale Moon has a 15.8% advantage over Firefox in DOM handling operations.

Any down side?

None, but if your extension assume that your browser's name is firefox.exe, it may be incompatible.

Additional benefits?

Both Pale Moon and Waterfox have 64-bit version - something that even Mozilla can't yet provide. And you can install and run these browsers and Firefox together on the same system.

Download Pale Moon 12 | Homepage
Download Waterfox 12 | Homepage

Note: Waterfox uses the same profile that Firefox does. If you uninstall Waterfox make sure you don't have the remove personal data box ticked!

#2 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

I really love Waterfox. But in this latest version i dont like that they changed their icon. I liked the blue/black version of Firefox original icon. :)

#3 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,059 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

delete it please

Edited by P.McGinley, 04 May 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!