• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,388 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image
Microsoft has released Microsoft Security Essentials 4.0, it's free anti-virus/anti-malware utility after 6 months of beta testing. MSE 4.0 include a streamlined user interface, better performance, and a refined remediation experience for threats that need to be quarantined.

MSE's "Automatic Remediation" now does a better job of quarantining threats on its own, for instance, no user intervention required. And Microsoft claims scanning performance and malware detection rates have both improved on the previous build.

The program can now also use the Microsoft Active Protection Service (the new name for SpyNet) to automatically report malware to Microsoft, helping the company to create new definitions and more quickly respond to new outbreaks.

:download: Download MSE 4.0

MSE 4.0 runs on Windows XP with SP3, Vista with SP1/SP2, or Windows 7.

MSE will be bundled with Windows Defender in Windows 8, negating the need for a separate download in the future.

#2 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,935 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

MSE will be bundled with Windows Defender in Windows 8, negating the need for a separate download in the future.
I smell a law suite. :P

#3 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,079 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

Updated! Thanks for the heads up.

#4 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

+1 for the heads up. Updated!

#5 hb860

hb860

Active WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

I have installed it on my father's laptop and it decreases the perfomance.
Especially when you downloaded something and MSSE decides to check your file. That lags are horrible.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!