this website

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 eyeon1

eyeon1

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

i dont know much about these forums but i dont like it. u make people sign this register that. i did have a twitter or facechic account but i dont like them. i wouldnt be signing in this if didnt have somthing i wanted. sorry! ive got some vista sp2 corruption files and my explorer and my computer folder restarts and stops all ythe time, office works and word too. i cant understand why they cant make a checker that just tells u what files are corrupt and then u find it and replace it . its just that simple. but they want to make evrything so chuiking complicated.

#2 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

... what?

#3 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:03 AM

lol

#4 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

The first thing you say is you have never been here before and that you don't like us, great way to ask for help!

There is a built in file checker, you need to open command prompt as an administrator and type in

sfc /scannow

This might take a while, it might prompt you to enter you windows install disc so it can replace the corrupt files.

If you want any more help you are going to have to be a might more specific and try and structure you sentences :P

#5 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

WTF? Thread of the Year!

LOL! I do feel you on the registration part. I noticed how it was forcing users to use a Facebook or Twitter account to signup. Not good.

Edited by yanike, 24 April 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#6 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

The first thing you say is you have never been here before and that you don't like us, great way to ask for help!

There is a built in file checker, you need to open command prompt as an administrator and type in

sfc /scannow

This might take a while, it might prompt you to enter you windows install disc so it can replace the corrupt files.

If you want any more help you are going to have to be a might more specific and try and structure you sentences :P

lareeth dude going by how lame the creator of this thread sounds, you might have to explain "open command prompt as an administrator" to him/her otherwise I foresee another topic to ask how to do that :P

#7 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

LOL

Anways

In the start menu, type in cmd. Right Click cmd.exe and run as admin or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER cmd.exe.

When you're in command prompt, then type in: "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.

#8 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

WTF? Thread of the Year!

LOL! I do feel you on the registration part. I noticed how it was forcing users to use a Facebook or Twitter account to signup. Not good.

hahaha! :lol: I died.

#9 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 468 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

So glad I registered here way before the facebook integration was introduced. I have neither facebook account nor twitter.

Edited by mediar, 24 April 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#10 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

I do agree with him partly, you should never force people to sign up with Facebook or Twitter, there definitely should be the option to do a normal registration.

As a web developer I know this is a frowned upon practise.

#11 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

WTF? Thread of the Year!

hahaha! :lol: I died.

have not been here in a while, but this had me laughing my ass off!

#12 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Check for viruses..it sounds like your system could have one.

#13 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

I had to shut down the manual registration because of the large number of spam-bot registration. The registration will be open again after upgrading IP.Board. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!