9 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:40 AM

Posted Image

On April 8th, 2014, Microsoft will officially kill the support for Windows XP and Office 2003.

"If you still have some PCs running Windows XP and Office 2003 in your organization, now would be a good time to start migrating them to Windows 7 and Office 2010," Microsoft's Stella Chernyak notes in a recent blog post.

"Now you may be asking yourself – should I wait to upgrade until the next versions of Windows and Office are available? We don't recommend waiting. Not only is it important for companies to complete deployment before support runs out, but they should also be aware that by upgrading to Windows 7 and Office 2010 today they can gain substantial results today while laying the foundation for future versions of these products," said Chernyak.

#2 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,937 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

OMG, my eyes!

#3 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,632 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

POPULAR

OMG, my eyes!

Still looks better than Metro. :lol:

#4 spv36

spv36

Xoom

• 88 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

OMG, my eyes!

Still looks better than Metro. :lol:

agree!!! :yes: :lol:

#5 netbox

netbox

Customizer

• 379 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Haha! I just recently installed XP hours ago on a separate partition, but I removed it due to driver for my hp g62-340us wasn't compatible with XP.
looking for other versions, but got tired of looking for all my hardware drivers, so I removed it an hour after I installed it LOL!

#6 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

DIE, XP, DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

#7 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Lol! Kill the fucking thing. Microsoft needs to upgrade everyone for free to their starter edition of Windows 7 or 8, so that windows users can be up-to-date with things.

Throw them a free bone. If you still have users using an old OS that is going to outlive two or even three successors, then you have to make a mandatory move.

#8 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Inb4 Microsoft extends XP for another year or 2 a little before the cancellation date.

#9 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Lol! Kill the fucking thing. Microsoft needs to upgrade everyone for free to their starter edition of Windows 7 or 8, so that windows users can be up-to-date with things.

Throw them a free bone. If you still have users using an old OS that is going to outlive two or even three successors, then you have to make a mandatory move.

No they don't.

#10 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

No, no they don't. They've had years to prepare for an upgrade. If they sat on their ass, that's their problem.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!