Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Win+X Menu Editor for Windows 8
version 2.0.0.1
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • hashlnk is not required anymore, all its functions ported into the Win+X Menu Editor source code
  • Numerous bugs are fixed, such as sorting bug or crash on empty Win+X menu
  • Improved "add a program" feature
  • New clean and useful UI with hotkeys, new icons
  • The ability to move shortcuts between groups
  • New feature - "Presets", which allows you to add various commands in Win+X menu, such as shutdown
  • options, calculator and so on.
  • Fixed a bug with built-in items renaming
Video with new version:

Download link

#22 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Very useful app! Thanks for your hard work.

#23 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

You are always welcome :rolleyes:

#24 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Enjoying this!

Gold medal :)

one thing: when I use the restart function it takes a while to excecute: up to half a minute??

Edited by Borix, 09 November 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#25 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

I got some free time and I have implemented the most requested feature - add a control panel item.
Posted Image
  • Bug fixed: if you try to add a shortcut which is already in Win+X menu folder, then application will show you .NET framework error.
  • New feature - "Add a Control Panel item" allows you to add any control panel applet including hidden like "Network Connections" or "All Tasks(God Mode)".
  • Improved icons resolving for Win+X menu items
  • "Add a program" now not a button but drop-down menu.
  • Some very minor non-critical bugs are fixed

Special Winmatrix-bonus-tip: hold shift and right click on the shortcut in Win+X menu editor. It will show you "open file location" context menu item :)

Download link

#26 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

One "problem": when I use the restart function it takes a while to exececute: up to half a minute??
Is immediate restart possible? Just like when I use the build in restart function.

Edited by Borix, 12 November 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#27 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

I made it as fast as it was possible. Sorry

#28 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I made it as fast as it was possible. Sorry

No problem, its just different from the normal restart so I thought perhaps there was some way of tweaking it.

Thanks for the feedback :)

#29 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Posted Image
v2.6
New feature - "Add an Administrative Tools item" allows you to add any Administrative Tools item quickly and easy.

Download link

#30 starry173

starry173

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

I like Win+X Menu Editor and have used it successfully on a number of PCs. However, I have had problems with the last 2 PCs...Dell Inspiron 15 laptop and Dell Inspiron 660s Desktop. On the first, after running this program to change the X menu, I found I couldn't access the C drive anymore. Everything stopped working. I could logon the PC, but not much else. After trying a number of things (system restore, refresh, reset), I finally cleared the partition with the OS on it and reinstalled it from a Windows 8 disk. Then I was able to run the editor without any problems on that PC.

On this 2nd PC, I made sure I had a disk backup before trying to run the x menu editor. I'm running the 64bit version. It let me edit the menu and when I tried to restore explorer, it comes up with an unhandled exception...something about an access problem. I picked quit, rather then continue and got out of it. Now I notice that the administrative user I ran this under has the changes I made to the X menu, but another user I added to the PC has the default menu. So, on the 2nd PC, it seems as though there is something still not quite right, but I haven't had to reload the OS either.  Any idea why I am having these problems?

#31 hb860

hb860

Super WinMatrixian

• Developer
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Win+X Menu Editor v3.0 is out, supports Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703
Starting with version 3.0, I eliminated separate versions for x64 and x86 Windows. From now, a single executable file can be used in both x64 and x86 editions.
0dfee3f7fc.png
Links:

Win+X Menu Editor for Windows 10 and Windows 8 - contains app's description in detail and the full change log since its first release.

Download Win+X Menu Editor

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!