Windows XP Gains Market Share in March 2012

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Windows XP remains the leading operating system in user's preferences, with a 46.86 percent market share, up from the 45.39 percent it accounted for last month. Ever since Windows 7 arrived, Windows XP has been losing market share to it, yet it appears that it still has the power to remain on top of the market.

It appears that enterprises are not yet ready to move to the newer platform, even if Microsoft is determined to end the support for Windows XP in 2014.

Windows 7 accounted for 38.12 percent of the operating system market in February, and went down to 37.54 percent in March.

Net Applications

Edited by Secured Tim, 29 December 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#2 Darren 54

Darren 54

Active WinMatrixian

• 548 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

#3 Loveliet

• 149 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Maybe they should just update their OS's and give that to the user instead and completely defeat the purpose of marketing improved ones for full price a year or two later.

Oh wait...

I'm all for technology and improvements though, but I hate inappropriate hatred for things that get old, but have served a purpose before(and apparently still do).

I don't really see the point in 'object a' getting a new feature in 'object b' by simply adding a camera on the front and back, and then encouraging people to move on to that one.(I'm well aware there is more to it than that, but adding cores and newer hardware is often all there is to it, aside from software)

Same goes for operating systems, except without full adoption of windows 7 they already want to talk about windows 8 and why you should move onto that, even though so far while metro is cool to me,
doesn't seem like something i'd buy a whole new OS for.

Just my 2 cents. I think I'm just not going to be a sucker and wait this one out for awhile. I'll be using windows 7 for as long as i possibly can.

Edited by Loveliet, 03 April 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#4 hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Why the hell did it go up? It makes no sense. This means a lot of people chose to go with XP over 7. The only plausible reason I can think of is some companies in China using fake XP.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!