• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:25 AM

Posted Image

Metro UI Theme for Android tablets is from an XDA Developers user BroBot175 brings the new look and feel of Windows 8 to the Galaxy Tab 10.1. The application that enables the look and the matching theme is flashable via ClockworkMod recovery. This mod is currently in Beta, but BroBot175 seems to be working hard on it. He has set up a website complete with instructions on how to set the mod up on your Tab 10.1 or Asus Transformer.

Check it out in action!

Source: XDA

#2 tinkerer_svk

tinkerer_svk

is my zipper open? oh, shit...

• 90 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

still in beta, already better than original

#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

AH, so I finally understand, Metro is only nice when it's a skin on Android!
<_<

This isn't metro at all. Metro puts content before chrome, and there is a LOT of chrome there. Metro uses clean fonts. Metro has slick animations. Metro sticks to your finger, something which android doesn't do.

Edited by FalseAgent, 30 March 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#4 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 798 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

POPULAR

AH, so I finally understand, Metro is only nice when it's a skin on Android!
<_<

This isn't metro at all. Metro puts content before chrome, and there is a LOT of chrome there. Metro uses clean fonts. Metro has slick animations. Metro sticks to your finger, something which android doesn't do.

Metro is only nice on touch devices, stupid clumsy idea for keyboard and mice.

----

Might give my ASUS Transformer a facelift with this

#5 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

aaaand here we go again.

#6 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

aaaand here we go again.

T-MINUS
Posted Image

Edited by yanike, 30 March 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#7 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

aaaand here we go again.

Have you ever wondered that maybe, because like 80% of people agree with the 'Metro not good for keyboard and mice' statement (including me), that MAYBE, it's a bad idea, because only 20% of people like it and the rest of the world hates it?

#8 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

POPULAR

Have you ever wondered that maybe, because like 80% of people agree with the 'Metro not good for keyboard and mice' statement (including me), that MAYBE, it's a bad idea, because only 20% of people like it and the rest of the world hates it?

Of course I have wondered about this.

But I also wonder about all the annoying things about the desktop...
- all the randomly-sized windows
- how each program on the desktop looks inconsistent from each other
- the overly-complicated control panel
- the annoying flashing system tray icons and their useless balloon notifications
- the desktop that is ugly when it's filled to the maximum with icons, and under-utilized when it has around 2 rows of icons
- the start menu that has those utilities filled to the brim with programs installed by your printer but never have been actually touched before
- how the only apps I use on my PC's these days is mostly just the browser and Microsoft's own stuff (Office/Windows Live Essentials) + other heavyweights (Adobe, Autodesk), effectively leaving no room for indie apps

We're all just used to the desktop and the way it does things. Truth is, it isn't perfect and we do put up with it's annoyances every day as part of our routine.

If Windows 8 was just another normal successor to Windows 7 with an updated taskbar, new themes, wallpapers, sounds and cursors, with a few new features slapped onto the Desktop and Windows Explorer here and there, with a new version of Windows Media Player, Paint, and so on...that 80% of people you talk about would have no real reason to upgrade their Windows 7 installation. Or XP, for that matter.

Edited by FalseAgent, 01 April 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#9 Chrominator

Chrominator

Active WinMatrixian

• 660 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

^ good point.

#10 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 822 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Of course I have wondered about this.

But I also wonder about all the annoying things about the desktop...
- all the randomly-sized windows
THATS WHY ITS CALLED WINDOWS, THIS FUNCTION ENABLES MULTITASKING
- how each program on the desktop looks inconsistent from each other
MS DOES NOT HAVE STRICT UI GUIDELINES AND THE ONES THEY HAVE MS DOES NOT FOLLOW THEMSELVES
- the overly-complicated control panel
TRUE, BUT YOU CAN CONTROL EVERYTHING
- the annoying flashing system tray icons and their useless balloon notifications
CAN ALL BE DEACTIVATED
- the desktop that is ugly when it's filled to the maximum with icons, and under-utilized when it has around 2 rows of icons
THIS IS A USER PREFERENCE AND CHOICE (DESKTOP CAN BE USED FOR WINDOWS TOO ;))
- the start menu that has those utilities filled to the brim with programs installed by your printer but never have been actually touched before
THIS IS EVEN WORSE IN THE NEW METRO START MENU
- how the only apps I use on my PC's these days is mostly just the browser and Microsoft's own stuff (Office/Windows Live Essentials) + other heavyweights (Adobe, Autodesk), effectively leaving no room for indie apps
DO NOT GET THE RELEVANCE OF THIS POINT

We're all just used to the desktop and the way it does things. Truth is, it isn't perfect and we do put up with it's annoyances every day as part of our routine.
THE SAME WILL BE TRUE FOR METRO ON A MOUSE OPERATED DESKTOP

If Windows 8 was just another normal successor to Windows 7 with an updated taskbar, new themes, wallpapers, sounds and cursors, with a few new features slapped onto the Desktop and Windows Explorer here and there, with a new version of Windows Media Player, Paint, and so on...that 80% of people you talk about would have no real reason to upgrade their Windows 7 installation. Or XP, for that matter.
TRUE, BUT THE REASON NOT TO UPGRADE FOR A LOT FOR DESKTOP USERS WILL BE THE METRO START MENU...

Sorry for the capitals.
I know this is the future and the right move for touch devices.
But for my non touch desktop it is a big step back.

My tip for MS!
Another Edition of Windows 8 --> Windows 8 with free TouchPad!!!

Edited by Borix, 02 April 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#11 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

*snip*

I should have never posted that reply - I knew it was going to get debunked like this.

Look, everything you've said IN CAPS and inline within my own post, i've heard it before. We've all heard it before. It's tiring. Get a move on.

Edited by FalseAgent, 02 April 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#12 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 822 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

*snip*

I should have never posted that reply - I knew it was going to get debunked like this.

Look, everything you've said IN CAPS and inline within my own post, i've heard it before. We've all heard it before. It's tiring. Get a move on.

Come on, dont take it personal. Its good to hear different points of view. Even I have become a bit less anti metro over time. :)

#13 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

*snip*

Come on, dont take it personal. Its good to hear different points of view. Even I have become a bit less anti metro over time. :)

I'm not taking it personally. I myself like hearing different views, but what you said isn't different. I'm just tired of hearing the same thing again and again. People saying that Metro shouldn't be on desktops and that Microsoft should make another version of Windows 8 without Metro, i.e. 'Windows 8 non-metro/desktop edition'. All that isn't going to happen. It just isn't. Seriously. Wake up!

#14 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 822 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

*snip*

I'm not taking it personally. I myself like hearing different views, but what you said isn't different. I'm just tired of hearing the same thing again and again. People saying that Metro shouldn't be on desktops and that Microsoft should make another version of Windows 8 without Metro, i.e. 'Windows 8 non-metro/desktop edition'. All that isn't going to happen. It just isn't. Seriously. Wake up!

I know thats why I would consider buying a the "Windows 8 + free TouchPad Edition" if its round €100,00
I am waking up, now its time for MS :)

#15 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

*snip*

I know thats why I would consider buying a the "Windows 8 + free TouchPad Edition" if its round €100,00
I am waking up, now its time for MS :)

Posted Image

#16 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 822 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Posted Image

#17 Guest_lolol_*

Guest_lolol_*

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

you to are to funny i wahana read more

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!