• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Posted Image

Acer's new Aspire M3 ultrabook, packs Nvidia's latest GeForce GT 640M graphics card, that can deliver incredible performance and run Battlefield 3 with ultra graphics settings, with an average of around 22 frames per second according to Cnet. I know it's not good enough for multilayer mode but at the very least playable for single-player campaign. Sliding down from ultra to high settings can give you decent 30 FPS for smooth gameplay.

The ultrabook can run Crysis 2 on ultra settings with 23 frames per second, and around 32fps when you knock the settings down just a tad.

Specifications:

Posted Image

#2 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

>Ultrabook
>Has an i3 in it

What bullshit is that? Whack a fuckin' i7M and see the FPS creak up a notch.

Put a i7 3920XM in it.

#3 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

>Ultrabook
>Has an i3 in it

What bullshit is that? Whack a fuckin' i7M and see the FPS creak up a notch.

Put a i7 3920XM in it.

I think that there must have been a good reason on why they didn't do this. Intel has strict requirements in order for a notebook to be classified as an 'ultrabook'.

#4 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Strict requirements should be it should be as powerful as possible. Thus the term 'ultra'.

#5 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Strict requirements should be it should be as powerful as possible. Thus the term 'ultra'.

LOL!

I think the 'ultra' in 'ultrabook' means ultra-thin and ultra-light. Not ultra-powerful!

also, the more powerful the processor, the lesser battery life you get. I guess that's why this doesn't have an i7 in it. In order to quality as an Ultrabook, it needs to have 5 hours of battery.

http://en.wikipedia....ok#Requirements

Edited by FalseAgent, 28 March 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#6 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

IMO, go in between with the i5 :P A bit more power, a bit less battery.

#7 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

IMO, go in between with the i5 :P A bit more power, a bit less battery.

but then that wouldn't be an ultrabook anymore.

ultrabooks aren't meant for gaming anyway. There's the entire Acer Timeline series that are capable of doing Battlefield 3 (yes, with i5 and i7) - and the entire Timeline series have pretty thin profiles too.

#8 cherinom

cherinom

New WinMatrixian

• 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Re: Acer Ultrabook
Acer's new Aspire M3 ultrabook, packs Nvidia's latest GeForce GT 640M graphics card, that can deliver incredible performance and run Battlefield 3 with ultra graphics settings, with an average of around 22 frames per second according to Cnet. I know it's not good enough for multilayer mode but at the very least playable for single-player campaign. Sliding down from ultra to high settings can give you decent 30 FPS for smooth gameplay.The ultrabook can run Crysis 2 on ultra settings with 23 frames per second, and around 32fps when you knock the settings down just a tad.

that is one gorgeous and powerful laptop! err, ultrabook...

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!