Photo
- - - - -

Any WinMatrix FORUM "standalone" desktop apps?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Similar to Yanike's toolbar or browser but that works on desktop? I GUESS like a "gadget" or whatever, but standalone desktop app is more what I mean. That handles notifications or actual posts you can view and/or allows you to post. (i realize that site owners want eyes on their SITE, not just the content in it, but the app type I am asking about will be implemented in a cool way, benefiting end users and WinMatrix)

Thanks

#2 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

so you rlooking for a standalon, native app to run on your desktop? does it have to be an internet search app?

#3 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

so you rlooking for a standalon, native app to run on your desktop? does it have to be an internet search app?

No, not a search app. Do you mean WinMatrix net search app? I mean one made for accessing this site's posts/notifications, in particular, not others. I got the idea when I saw the WM png logo and thought of a way to implement a spli-site for WM. However Splindy does not have ability to , itself , get that type of info pushed to it, as it is "only" a hotlinker on steroids, kinda.

wait, are you asking about this particular thread or about my question for YOUR desktop app, in that thread?

Edited by deema, 26 March 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#4 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

Basically he wants an app that notifies you on post replies to certain topics and to your own post; shows the latest threads; has a button to allow you to do quick replies only (for security reasons); and also a drop down menu (containing all the sections of WinMatrix) with a button that launches the site to create threads (again for security reasons). This can actually be easily done with Windows 8 since it's web/desktop technology. As for Windows 7, Villain you feel up for the task.

Edited by yanike, 26 March 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#5 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Basically he wants an app that notifies you on post replies to certain topics and to your own post; shows the latest threads; has a button to allow you to do quick replies only (for security reasons); and also a drop down menu (containing all the sections of WinMatrix) with a button that launches the site to create threads (again for security reasons). This can actually be easily done with Windows 8 since it's web/desktop technology. As for Windows 7, Villain you feel up for the task.

That IS, basically, exactly what I meant.

easily done with Windows 8 since it's web/desktop technology. As for Windows 7

what does this "mean" web/desktop?(do you mean web/METRO?)

Thanks

#6 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

You can subscribe to your favorite threads for getting notification of post replies.

#7 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

oopsie

Edited by deema, 27 March 2012 - 03:07 AM.

#8 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

You can subscribe to your favorite threads for getting notification of post replies.

LOL, yeah, I know, thanks. I am talking about specific implementations within the desktop interface.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!