#1 club90

club90

Active WinMatrixian

• 340 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Citizens of the World,
We are Anonymous.

This is a direct message to YouTube.

Your block to TheAnonMessage's account has directly violated first amendment rights of the constitution of the United States. This violation stands against everything our collective believes in. By speaking out against the viral Kony twenty twelve video, Youtube has decided to block a voice of truth.

At this time, the collective is thinking of teaching YouTube a lesson. We must stress that the YouTube website will not be affected. It is a medium of communication and knowledge that has fallen in the wrong hands. However, we will take a course of action that will have YouTube executives awake at night and afraid for their sanity.

No censorship.
Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.

Youtube, expect us.

#2 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,059 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

This is getting interesting...

#3 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

This is getting stupid. If one domino goes...

#4 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

Dear Anonymous, I remember that you guys had announced to invade Facebook and get it down completely, hadn't you?

I do not forget.

#5 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

Yea...I don't think it's a good idea to mess with Google.

Secondly, Kony 2012 video was ridiculous, the whole Invisible Children campaign against Kony is ridiculous. Even Ugandans don't like it.

#6 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

Corporations don't have to abide by the US constitution in manners of free speech. Google can pick and choose to delete what it wants while giving a giant fuck you to anyone who complains about it.

#7 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Dear Anonymous, I remember that you guys had announced to invade Facebook and get it down completely, hadn't you?

I do not forget.

Anonymous isn't a company or a corporation. It doesn't have a leader. What one member of anonymous says doesn't speak for its majority. Most of Anonymous outright denied ever having plans of taking down Facebook.

As for this one against YouTube, it's the shortest and least threatening Anonymous warning I have seen to date.

#8 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

I do not forget.

do you suggest that they COULDN'T?

Corporations don't have to abide by the US constitution in manners of free speech. Google can pick and choose to delete what it wants while giving a giant fuck you to anyone who complains about it.

Google is nearly or as powerful, if not more, in the matter of information.With great power comes great responsibility. Can give giant fukk you if they wish, sure, but as Ano says, there is price to pay. Kudos for keeping them in check(even though I have no opinion on the Kony vid)

Yea...I don't think it's a good idea to mess with Google.

Really? No offense, as is what you said to me, but Is that why no comment on tracking, instead commenting on post paragraph structure?

Edited by deema, 26 March 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#9 Defago

Defago

New WinMatrixian

• 36 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

We are Legion! LOL!

#10 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

...and this is exactly what sucks.

also:

Posted Image
COMMENT WIN!

Edited by FalseAgent, 26 March 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#11 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

...and this is exactly what sucks.

also:

Posted Image
COMMENT WIN!

Not really.

Free speech means that they can't implement any spam blocking mechanisms or the like as well. Since it infringes on free speech.

#12 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

please delete post. Pretend it am Kony vid and you are youtube

Edited by deema, 27 March 2012 - 02:40 AM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!