Google opt out policy - TOTALLY logical and legit and standard and sho

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

If I "mysteriously' vanish anytime in the next decade, tell my mom I died a hero, wearing a cape.

Posted Image

IE, FF, and Chrome users, We are SO lucky that WE can DOWNLOAD, go out of our way, and IN---STALL a piece of code that will allow us to opt-OUT. When I am outside and want to stay outside, I often go inside so that I can be outside.

This is like the chief of police saying "We see here on this list that you do not want to be arrested. And telling us that you dont, isnt good enough. Come IN to station and we are gonna send you home with an internal affairs officer, to keep you safe from the rogue cops. Even though you came down here and told us not to arrest you, we couldnt figure out a way to tell the rogue cops, that listen to us, not to arrest you. Because even though they DO obey and listen to us, no matter what we say, they wont ...

I have seen this movie before

If they CAN TRACK you by username, then they can NOT TRACK you by username, as well.

The plugin is a "farce", it isnt needed. They just know that 'most/many" people will not go through hassle

Edited by deema, 26 March 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#2 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 419 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Tl;dr.
What you wanted to say to us?

#3 maac

maac

Mr Smiley

• 260 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

You wrote so much but still said nothing. What is this even about?

#4 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

deleete me

Edited by deema, 03 April 2012 - 04:23 AM.

#5 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Cause see, it is their tracking code. That is tracking you by username. Yet they say that they cannot just remove your username from the list, that you have to download a plugin.

Cause if they TRACK you by username, then they can NOT track you by username, too

Edited by deema, 26 March 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#6 Phenom II

Phenom II

Active WinMatrixian

• 792 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Cause see, it is their tracking code. That is tracking you by username. Yet they say that they cannot just remove your username from the list, that you have to download a plugin. Well, guarantee that tens of millions of people more would be able to check a no in a box that is linked to their username and not get tracked than to have to jump through all of hte hoops that they make you go through, even though it isnt necessary.

Cause if they TRACK you by username, then they can NOT track you by username, too

I understand what you are saying.

If you don't want to go to jail, then you need to spend the rest of your life beating off bad cops with a big stick no matter how many times you tell the chief you do not want to go to jail. If you stop beating them with the stick, you go to jail for nothing.

ie. If you do not want to be tracked, you need to spend the rest of your browsing days keeping one eye open and beating off tracking scripts with addons

Google is taking the piss, it should be opt IN not opt OUT, I agree

#7 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

I like your analogy better.

Edited by deema, 03 April 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#8 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

Personally, I wouldn't touch that plugin with a mile long pole. Sneaky Google is sneaky.

If you do really want to block the Google tracking there are far better (and more trustworthy) plugins to use.

#9 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Personally, I wouldn't touch that plugin with a mile long pole. Sneaky Google is sneaky.

If you do really want to block the Google tracking there are far better (and more trustworthy) plugins to use.

"regular' folks are 100% going to trust google before some random anti google plugin. THAT is part of their brilliance. The perfect "company" if you were trying to dominate the planet. They have done everything "right". Has been a chess game from the beginning.

Edited by deema, 26 March 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#10 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Deema, no offense but you need to learn how to write an essay/story. You write a lot to convey very little and all your points are all over the place.

Edited by Afzal, 25 March 2012 - 11:22 PM.

#11 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

Must be a sad life to live so paranoid.

#12 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,059 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

@Deema try to convey a message with as few words as possible. :P

#13 OverKlockD

OverKlockD

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Deema, if you really must know what plugin I use to stop google from generally tracking me (even when i'm not signed in). NOSCRIPT FOR FIREFOX and add the google-analytics url to the black list.

Oh but i do agree about your point regarding regular average computer using folk.

Edited by OverKlockD, 26 March 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#14 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Deema, no offense but you need to learn how to write an essay/story. You write a lot to convey very little and all your points are all over the place.

I should learn to write an essay story? Like American Me?

convey very little

There is little to convey.

points are all over the place.

There is only one point

Edited by deema, 27 March 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#15 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

delete me

Edited by deema, 03 April 2012 - 04:25 AM.

#16 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

k

#17 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

No offense, but your view is INSANE. My view. It is observation of the facts. And it is a LITERAL possibility that the scenario I gave regarding my sister, COULD happen.

My sister has breakup with bf online and does bunch of searches for broken heart bla bla, whatever. and goog patterns this and begins putting "singles getaway vacation" ads on search pages and she sees one and she decides to go. And on the way there, the plane crashes and she dies. Now, if she didnt notice that ad there, she may or may not have gone on that exact trip, on that exact day. But because google patterned her and manipulated her, she "did". THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE THAT POWER.

What, EXACTLY, is "paranoid" about it? It is POSSIBLE and that, alone, shows that there is something wrong with the tracking. because it is manipulation that could result in an infinite number of negative occurrences.

You know I could see an ad on TV for Taco Bell and be compelled to go. I may get shot in the head over the wallet in my pocket, but that's life and death. Doesn't mean I should live my life looking over my shoulder.

#18 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

No offense, but your view is INSANE. My view. It is observation of the facts. And it is a LITERAL possibility that the scenario I gave regarding my sister, COULD happen.

My sister has breakup with bf online and does bunch of searches for broken heart bla bla, whatever. and goog patterns this and begins putting "singles getaway vacation" ads on search pages and she sees one and she decides to go. And on the way there, the plane crashes and she dies. Now, if she didnt notice that ad there, she may or may not have gone on that exact trip, on that exact day. But because google patterned her and manipulated her, she "did". THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE THAT POWER.

What, EXACTLY, is "paranoid" about it? It is POSSIBLE and that, alone, shows that there is something wrong with the tracking. because it is manipulation that could result in an infinite number of negative occurrences.

You know I could see an ad on TV for Taco Bell and be compelled to go. I may get shot in the head over the wallet in my pocket, but that's life and death. Doesn't mean I should live my life looking over my shoulder.

Nope. Ilogical comparison based on inaccurate bottom line. One is random. Other is directed based on information pulled from your activities and specifically patterned toward you.

Edited by deema, 26 March 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#19 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,632 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

k

This is your the best post deema. :lol:

#20 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

k

This is your the best post deema. :lol:

lame if meant to insult. funny otherwise

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!