Splinter SDK is in early design foundation "phase"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I, "we", will begin working on an SDK for Splinter. It will be a, relatively, long process, as it will be shaped by,both, coders' and customizers' input, opinions, desires, and demands, in this thread.. I had planned on an "SDK", in the generic term, coming about much later, but it isnt necessary to wait and I will not be writing it and I am only interested in it in order to help others create things. Truth is, I would rather hear from others as the designs and requests are going to allow me to see how your brains see Splinter. It will be different things to different people and that is what it is about. inspiring new designs and concepts

Edited by deema, 26 March 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#2 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

WHY does Splinter deserve an SDK? Because it is the purest imagery based programming language.

Now, the "general" definition of a programming language is
--- A programming language is a notation(1) for writing programs(2), which are specifications of a computation(3) or algorithm.(4).

Now, i will break this down further...

1-Notation------Hungarian notation is an identifier naming convention in computer programming, in which the name of a variable or function indicates its type or intended use.
(splinter has this, in multiple ways. One, by the simple script commands. Two, by the ability to have those script commands access the variables by names, like trigger ids and page names. Three, and this one is only partly, but the ability to use external scripts in windows to access and open splicons by voice. Four, its hotlinking ability, which adds another dimension and variable to the splicon or triggers intended use.

2-Program--- computer program (also software, or just a program) is a sequence of instructions written to perform a specified task with a computer...
(this one is obvious and clear. Splinterface fall under this precise definition. They are run and interacted with by a pre created set of instructions. The instructions are a bit different than normal, but splinterfaces are ORDER, not CHAOS, and so must be following a set of instructions)

3-Computations---Computation is defined as any type of calculation.[1] Also defined as use of computer technology in Information processing.[2][3] Computation is a process following a well-defined model understood and expressed in an algorithm, protocol, network topology, etc.
(splinter fits this in multiple ways. One, it says ANY type of calculation. That includes Binary. But that is what a splicon is. Open or closed. One or zero. It is obvious that if a binary language of one or zero can control computer systems, then a visual implementation of it is just the same. It doesnt matter that you substitute the one and zero, for the image "there' or "not there". By using just this, it would qualify as a computation, but there is more. Two, information processing. If you noticed in the second immersion video, i show how i made a hidden object game. And if you find the hidden object, you "win" a prize. I did this by visual imagery and splicon set linking. This is 100% information processing. It is just doing it using visuals(doesnt matter that splicon sets are only allowed by the initial c#. just because splinter has a parent language, doesnt mean that these literal dictionary definitions are negated)(the hidden object game is imagery created, just as much. Because if I were to click and close the linked image on one page, then the hidden object would not be open on the other.

4--Algorithm (and this isnt even needed as it said computations OR algorithms, do not have to have both. but splinter does this too, with imagery)(--In mathematics and computer science, is a step-by-step procedure for calculations
(if i were to create a splinterface that had two possible choices on each page that you could pick from. with 20 pages, and ten possible triggers that are on each page (like if you are on the first page and click "trigger 1" you go to page three and the internal script would "show" triggers 23 and 24, or whatever. but if you clicked on trigger two on the first page, you would go to page 14 and whichever two triggers that were listed in internal script would open. but let us say that if you HAD chosen "trigger one" on page one and came to page three and you chose trigger 23 on that one, it would also take you to page 14 but it would "show' two DIFFERENT triggers than if you had gone with trigger 2 to get to page 14. and so on. This creates a maze that has billions or more possible different ways that you can get to "the end" or whatever ..(if there are 10 possible triggers on each page and 20 pages, and each trigger can either be showing or hidden, i think that the formula is 20 * 2 to the 200th. right? something like that. it is an enormous number. and this is done by ONLY the show and hide commands , the goto command, and the images (triggers) that you click in making your decision. This is an algorithm.

So, it 100% fits the dictionary definition of a programming language and the splinterfaces are controlled FAR more by how the imagery interacts with the person than the seven simple script commands. Far more imagery based no matter what, as the entire splitnerface creation is done by placing images and splanimating them) It is its achievement, using images to perform logic and mathematical based calculations that result in complex splinterface creations.

Edited by deema, 05 May 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#3 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

My hope is that once you understand that it is a legit programming language, then you will understand that it is as diverse, if not more, than other programming languages. So dont thnk "what can it do". Think "what CANT it do"

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!