Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[POLL] Are you gonna buy Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: [POLL] Are you gonna buy Windows 8 (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you buy a license when MS releases Windows 8

1. Yes, straight away (15 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No, never (30 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Not sure yet (15 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Please sign in to vote.

#1 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 818 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

I am just curious how many of you have decided...

#2 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 818 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

An interesting read on the windows 8 topic which i agree with.

http://www.livingdig...ep-forward.html

#3 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 460 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

An interesting read on the windows 8 topic which i agree with.

http://www.livingdig...ep-forward.html

I agree on 10000% with this article.

And no, I'll never ever buy or even download Windows 8.

#4 netbox

netbox

Customizer

• 379 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

Based on Consumer Preview?

NO! I wont buy Windows 8 (but if it is a gift, then I will use it :lol: as dual boot with Windows 95 LOL!)

Edited by netbox, 20 March 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#5 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 991 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Absolutely not! I've never bought Windows before(it's always been preinstalled on my laptops) and there's no way I'm going to start with the heap of shit eyerape that is Windows 8. And if the rumours are true about devices that have it preinstalled wont allow you to install Linux distros on them, I wont even be buying any of those either!

#6 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 460 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Absolutely not! I've never bought Windows before(it's always been preinstalled on my laptops) and there's no way I'm going to start with the heap of shit eyerape that is Windows 8. And if the rumours are true about devices that have it preinstalled wont allow you to install Linux distros on them, I wont even be buying any of those either!

Posted Image

Format C:\
Here you go.

#7 orcus

orcus

Active WinMatrixian

• 714 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

<yawn>

#8 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Windows 7 > Windows 8

#9 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 327 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

After having two legit windows 7 keys blocked by MS due to hardware changes, and having to call them three times to get the issues fixed, which ultimately resulted in them giving me a new key (could have been fixed with a new key in the first place) Nope absolutely not.

Edited by Mellexx, 20 March 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#10 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

POPULAR

as much as I love windows 8 conceptually, it is unfinished as of now and I cannot recommend it to anyone over Windows 7. I will wait and see how the RTM version of Windows 8 and the apps turn out.

#11 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 418 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

If it will be in the same state as it is now, I'll never get it in any way. If any device I'll buy will use Windows 8, I'll make a request to format system and pay me money.

#12 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yes.... But not right away. I wanna try my hand at some Metro apps.

Edited by Frylock86, 20 March 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#13 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 327 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'll make a request to format system and pay me money.

Good luck with that one ;)

#14 ayoshi

ayoshi

Active WinMatrixian

• 722 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

IMHO, Two reason that will convince me to upgrade from windows 7.
1. Based on Consumer Preview, Windows 8 is no fun without a touchscreen device. It's better to split/launch it into two separate editions (sample Windows Touchscreen Edition and for Non-Touchscreen Edition)

2. Compatibility with older applications/ softwares.

Edited by ayoshi, 20 March 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#15 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 327 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

IMHO, Two reason that will convince me to upgrade from windows 7.
1. Based on Consumer Preview, Windows 8 is no fun without a touchscreen device. It's better to split/launch it into two separate editions (sample Windows Touchscreen Edition and for Non-Touchscreen Edition)

2. Compatibility with older applications/ softwares.

As for 2. All your apps that work with windows 7 will and still do work on Windows 8 so far unless something changes, compatibility mode still should be in it too

#16 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Windows 8 works well without touchscreen monitors. Are you sure you gave it a try?

#17 Josh007CL

Josh007CL

WinMatrixian

• 72 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

Honestly it's not really worth paying a bunch of money for. It's Windows 7 with Metro thrown over it and and some minor internal changes. Sure it will be successful in the tablet market but anyone with a desktop/laptop will probably just skip it.

#18 Vaer0

Vaer0

-\//\\=/8O -

• 464 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

Of course

#19 ayoshi

ayoshi

Active WinMatrixian

• 722 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Windows 8 works well without touchscreen monitors. Are you sure you gave it a try?

Yes I tested it. But based on my experienced in using Windows Consumer Preview, again IMHO better if its touchscreen feature is separated from being integrated into one full operating system. It's much better if Microsoft will launch it as two edition of Windows 8, one meant for touchscreen and the other one for non-touchscreen (classic desktop mode) rather than into a one full operating system. The GUI is a bit confusing for those ordinary people that are not that techie like most of us here.

Last, I know it's too early to decide for now, and I guess I'm not that comfortable using Windows 8 in Metro-touchscreen mode while using it in a non-touchscreen device, thats why I switch into classic desktop mode ala Windows 7 GUI. Maybe Microsoft will release another Beta copy, then will see if there are new features added and major changes in Windows 8. We all know its still in developmental stage. :whistle:

#20 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 818 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yes I tested it. But based on my experienced in using Windows Consumer Preview, again IMHO better if its touchscreen feature is separated from being integrated into one full operating system. It's much better if Microsoft will launch it as two edition of Windows 8, one meant for touchscreen and the other one for non-touchscreen (classic desktop mode) rather than into a one full operating system. The GUI is a bit confusing for those ordinary people that are not that techie like most of us here.

Last, I know it's too early to decide for now, and I guess I'm not that comfortable using Windows 8 in Metro-touchscreen mode while using it in a non-touchscreen device, thats why I switch into classic desktop mode ala Windows 7 GUI. Maybe Microsoft will release another Beta copy, then will see if there are new features added and major changes in Windows 8. We all know its still in developmental stage. :whistle:

I agree on your first point but I think MS will not take this route because they want to use the large desktop user base as leverage for the acceptance of Metro on all devices (desktop, tablet and phone) and off course to boost the potential customers for the windows store.

On your last I also agree but cannot see MS changing anything as the are going for a release in October this year, meaning windows 8 is probably feature complete.

So I think MS has made up its mind and we will have see how metro evolves after windows 8 RTM.
Perhaps we geeks are a dying race and MS just blew the last horn ;)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!