VLC Media Player 2.0

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

VLC 2.0 "Twoflower" is a major new version of the popular media player.

• With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC.

• Twoflower has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.

• It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).

• Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.

• Twoflower fixes several hundreds of bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 160 volunteers.
Download VLC 2.0

#2 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

Works great also! I have a few "glitched" .mkv rips form dvds that i did on a single core processor, VLC just ignores the error and keeps on playing the files and it works great!

#3 netbox

netbox

Customizer

• 379 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

anyone knows how to set VLC to make window auto center?

like MPC when you open a video/audio it automatically centers the player on your screen, whether it has a small frames or large frames videos..

#4 Chrominator

Chrominator

Active WinMatrixian

• 661 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Check VLC 2.0 on OS X. It looks much better now, similar to iTunes.

#5 Darren 54

Darren 54

Active WinMatrixian

• 518 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

Must have media player1!

#6 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

[*]Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.

Windows must not exist anymore. Nice.

Hey, Developers, nothing turns users off more than a crappy UI, and by God, does VLC have it.

#7 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

[*]Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.

Hey, Developers, nothing turns users off more than a crappy UI, and by God, does VLC have it.

Windows Media Player Classic has a simple and more crappier UI and i like it, because it IS so simple and easy to use, no fancy graphics that makes the whole software to take up the whole screen.

#8 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Windows Media Player Classic has a simple and more crappier UI and i like it, because it IS so simple and easy to use, no fancy graphics that makes the whole software to take up the whole screen.

Nowhere does it say modern apps have to take up the whole screen, but if you can't provide a UI that integrates with the parent OS, then forget it. If I wanted mis-matched UIs, I'd run Linux. :lol:

#9 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

Nowhere does it say modern apps have to take up the whole screen, but if you can't provide a UI that integrates with the parent OS, then forget it. If I wanted mis-matched UIs, I'd run Linux. :lol:

Can't really go there. Ubuntu has taken large steps to stop that.

#10 Maximum Payne

Maximum Payne

Active WinMatrixian

• 351 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

I try it, but when I play WMV. video quality is really worse compere to gom.Like more pixelized if you know what I mean.

#11 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,057 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Can't really go there. Ubuntu has taken large steps to stop that.

They've been getting better, but I'm hoping to see the old menu bars go away once and for all before I really start looking into seriously running Linux again.

#12 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

It looks tons better than what VLC 1 did ... yes it has Tango like button graphics, but it is better than the 98 like graphics that 1.x had.
And if your nit-picking over graphics, and you refuse to take in to consideration that a lot of people use VLC because they just want a media player that works, and that you dont have to screw with the codecs and such, then your just being petty.

Also, you can download skins for VLC and use those ... so your argument is invalid.

And menu bars will always have a place. even the "Ribbon" is nothing more then a huge, graphical menu bar. Cant deny it. it is.

#13 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,401 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

VLC 2.0 portable version now available!

#14 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

This is how VLC 2 on OS X looks like, a freakin' media manager!

Posted Image

#15 JKTJogi

JKTJogi

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:55 AM

Finally, they fixed the seekbar. Now you can fast-forward videos by sliding the seekbar.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!