Splinter - Anything Can Be Anything

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#81 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

I've got to agree with Tataarujin on this one. I don't doubt it's possible for Splinters to look nice, but its hard for a designer to see the possibilities when all he or she sees are these flashing, over-the-top Splinters. If you create some that can compete with, say, popular Rainmeter skins, then maybe you'll get a larger fanbase and get more people developing for Splinter.

#82 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

I've got to agree with Tataarujin on this one. I don't doubt it's possible for Splinters to look nice, but its hard for a designer to see the possibilities when all he or she sees are these flashing, over-the-top Splinters. If you create some that can compete with, say, popular Rainmeter skins, then maybe you'll get a larger fanbase and get more people developing for Splinter.

Hi, thanks, Elijah. I have begun creating a splinterface that has similar looking features as some Rainmeter outputs. It will take me a bit to complete, as the style of interface is not one that I am accustomed to or particularly interested in making. But it must be done, as you say, to show other designers.

Edited by deema, 29 August 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#83 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

You are sadly mistaken if you think Rainmeter is a mere process viewer. Take a look at Omnimo UI. It provides the functions of a dock and much more, but without being limited to a dock. If you don't want it to monitor processes, don't enable a process-viewing config.

And I'm sorry, but saying there's nothing that can compete with Splinter is foolish. Competition is always a good thing, it facilitates innovation and drives industries forward.

Edited by Elijah?, 04 July 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#84 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

You are sadly mistaken if you think Rainmeter is a mere process viewer. Take a look at Omnimo UI. It provides the functions of a dock and much more, but without being limited to a dock. If you don't want it to monitor processes, don't enable a process-viewing config.

And I'm sorry, but saying there's nothing that can compete with Splinter is foolish. Competition is always a good thing, it facilitates innovation and drives industries forward.

Hi. Thank you for the link, I will check it out. To reiterate, nothing can, currently, "compete" with Splinter, in many areas. The only areas of competition are ones that "every" "dock"/"launcher" does. It is the ones that nothing else does that not only make Splinter unique, but make it possible for "average" every day end users to create elaborate and in depth splinterface outputs, without any knowledge of coding or advanced technical skills.

Edited by deema, 29 August 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#85 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Rough draft runthrough of page 1 of Elegant Edition Splinter
Rough draft run through of page 1 of Elegant Edition Splinter.. Will upload the single page splinterface for download tonight. The full splinterface will be released later in the week
Icon and wallpaper author credits will come with the finished splinterface

#86 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

Elegant Edition Splinter WIP screenshots (splinterface should be complete by tomorrow evening)

Page 5 (Have not yet decided which color to make the scene. I may create separate versions of the splinterface with each one having different colored pages than the next)
Posted Image

Page 5 with trigger and splicon link labels
Posted Image

Page 1 with labels
Posted Image

#87 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

Elegant Edition Splinter page screenshots and run through vid demo. Will upload the splinterface later today

Posted Image

#88 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Now that looks much better. Glad you spent time on polishing interface. Tip: try not to use ComicSans-like fonts with vivid acid colors and glow. They are worst example of typography ever existed.

#89 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Please delete me. Mission accomplished

Edited by deema, 16 September 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#90 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

• 422 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Now that looks much better. Glad you spent time on polishing interface. Tip: try not to use ComicSans-like fonts with vivid acid colors and glow. They are worst example of typography ever existed.

WALL OF TEXT

Uummmmmmmm... I dunno what to post there, so just look

Posted Image

Are you... frustrated?

#91 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

oops

Edited by deema, 08 July 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#92 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

• 422 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

WALL OF TEXT

Uummmmmmmm... I dunno what to post there, so just look

Posted Image

Are you... frustrated?

Frustrated? Me? No. To be honest, I THRIVE in a debate. It is my favorite past time. I enjoy very few things more than someone being so convinced that they are right and insulting me and being derogatory and attempting to get under my skin, and then using there own FOOLISH words to show how wrong and classless and feeble their attempts are.

I could do this all day with you, EVERYDAY, if there was money in it. Unfortunately, as I chose technology over becoming an attorney, I have no way to get paid by blasting ridiculous, invalid claims.

I didn't want to hurt you or harm you with words. In fact, I wanted to cheer you up. But looks like you are not sensitive to good emotions and see only trolling, even there is good meaning.

Second, you say that you'd spent more time chatting here, if you get money. Do they mean so much for you? Are you slave of money? Can't you do something just for joy, to get positive emotions from what you are doing?

#93 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

ya

Edited by deema, 16 September 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#94 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

• 422 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Just SHUT UP already, OK? I'm tired of you, your aggression, your boundless stupidity, your lack of talent... Don't even try to write a response to me, I will completely ignore it.

Better spend your powers fixing that POS that you created, good luck.

#95 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just SHUT UP already, OK? I'm tired of you, your aggression, your boundless stupidity, your lack of talent... Don't even try to write a response to me, I will completely ignore it.

Better spend your powers fixing that POS that you created, good luck.

sounds good

#96 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

Edition Edition Splinter
dA download page
Posted Image

Wishin Edition Splinter
dA download page
Posted Image
__CODEBOX_1__

Dishin Edition Splinter - 1366X768 SCREEN RESOLUTION
dA download page
Posted Image

Itchin Edition Splinter
dA downlaod page
Posted Image

Addiction Edition Splinter
dA download page
Posted Image

Friction Edition Splinter
dA download page
Posted Image

Ted Wood Edition Splinter (named after my grandfather, who died yesterday)
dA download page
Posted Image

Edited by deema, 15 November 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#97 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Oppression Edition Splinter WIP Part2

This is a real-time 1st Person Shooter/ Educational/ Wiki Database Desktop Interface. Almost complete. Part 1 and 3 of this video show the other than fps aspects of Oppression

Menu Page

tO657LZ.jpg

Splinterface Showcase 2

roonie_dishin_splinter___splinterface_do

ballpin_edition_splinter_splinterface_do

Oppression Edition Splinter WIP Part1 (The oppression info page)

Oppression Edition Splinter WIP Part 3

#98 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

• 422 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

You owe me new eyes.
Seriously...

#99 Darren 54

Darren 54

Active WinMatrixian

• 548 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Too many things on the desktop! I prefer clean interface.

#100 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

• 422 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Whoa, you even involved politics here (1st post made from phone), and Assad, OF COURSE, is enemy of freedom and democracy. Typical Fox News watcher.

It is really a pity that I encountered such ugly creature in my lifetime. If I could I'd skip that occasion somehow.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!