Splinter - Anything Can Be Anything

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

This is the spli-script that runs it. (The first "command is actually the Tron logo splicon opening which does not need to be in the script, as it is the trigger's own splicon. That is why the delay is the first script command)

Posted Image

Edited by deema, 23 April 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#62 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

Fight to the end. Be in the shadows.

• 422 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Posted Image

Is it necessary to put "splinter" word in every line? It will look much better without it and size of file will be smaller...

#63 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="'Tataarujin'">
<p>Is it necessary to put &quot;splinter&quot; word in every line? It will look much better without it and size of file will be smaller...</p>
</blockquote>
<p><br />
Good question. And no, it SHOULDN'T need splinter. I did not write script implementation, I only instructed him on what I wanted, and I was not specific enough. Splinter had to know how to identify it's commands from an external file. Cause it could be<br />
<br />
splinter run x<br />
splinter delay 300<br />
externalfile (do not need extension)<br />
run.exe (if didnt use extension, splinter would not know if it was splicon or external file)<br />
<br />
He didn't think to just use &quot;ex&quot; or SOME sort of identifier for an external file, instead doing it this way. It pissed me off, big time, but it was my fault for not being specific and I just haven't had time to go in and change things before release. External files are , MAYBE 2% of a large splinterface build so it is totally backwards to have to identify a SPLINTER command, and not an external one. It will be corrected in the next build.<br />
It would cut down, I estimate, 30-40% of the time needed to script by removing this. On the plus side, I can type splinter 20x faster than any other word of same size<br />
<br />
&nbsp;</p>

Edited by deema, 08 July 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#64 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Addition Edition Splinter WIP
I have a more finished version of this with more splanime and triggers hidden on the various pages but I, also, have stuff that i do not want to be seen yet, on them, so this is just to show some of what Addition Edition will be comprised.

Edited by deema, 24 April 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#65 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Addition Edition Splinter (WIP) splinterface download below

Posted Image

WORK IN PROGRESS ONLY. WILL BE DONE THIS WEEKEND. THIS MUST BE RUN IN 1366X768 SCREEN RESOLUTION

MOST SPLICONS ARE NOT YET HOTLINKED. SOME PAGES HAVE TRIGGERS SHOWING THAT WILL BE HIDDEN. NO AUDIO FILES LINKED YET.

This is only meant for those that wish to run it prior to the final release. There is no reason that I should wait until it is finished before "you" get your hands on it.

Make sure to put the Splinter folder in C:\. And put the two exe files IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE SPLINTERFACE, generally in mydocs.

Addition Edition Download Page

In the very top right of each page is a hidden trigger that, when clicked, will take you to the page menu.
The bottom right trigger is, generally, the page reset.\
The bottom left trigger is, generally, the show and hide trigger location.

Remember that you have complete control, with Splinter. You can add, edit, or alter anything you wish, at any time. And you can see how I did things by right clicking triggers and looking at both the script sequence and the splicon splanime.

Page Instructions

MARIOLAND (Page 1)
1. Click the center bottom trigger to start the script that initiates the dock icons. The characters have logos of the hotlink that is associated with them, somewhere on their bodies. Just click them. (only firefox, IE, vlc have been hotlinked. You will have to do yourself or wait until the final build, this weekend. Just drag and drop any file onto any image)

TRON-IC (Page 2)
1. Click the trigger in the upper left to initiate the script.

PURPLE Page 4

1. Click the center trigger

BASEBALL STADIUM (Page 5)
1. Click the trigger within the round SF Giants sign above the billboards in center field, to initiate the weblink icons.
2. To make the pitcher pitch the ball, click him. Notice the green button on the bottom right will turn red for a split second. If you are able to click that red button you will hit a home run.

SHELFY LONG (Page 6)
1. Click the top trigger.

COUCH KICKIN (Page 7)
1. The page is full of triggers. They can be dragged anywhere and can be right clicked and have splicons associated with them, if you wish.

HOE BUNCHA HUD's (Page 8)
1. This is not complete yet and each trigger must be clicked in order to initiate any and all splicons, as they are not linked in a script.

TREE OF LIFE (Page 9)
(tree is missing until I get confirmation that I can use it publicly)
1. Click the blue button up top to initiate the script.

Will have a Readme and a tut vid upon final release

Edited by deema, 27 April 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#66 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Addition Edition Splinter - the splinterface - download page link below

Addition Edition Splinter Download Page

Posted Image

Edited by deema, 01 May 2012 - 05:59 AM.

#67 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

3 Minute Splicon Dock Creation

Addition Edition Splinter Promo Vid (download link in above post)

Edited by deema, 02 May 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#68 Elhuyar

Elhuyar

Active WinMatrixian

• 364 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

These are hell lot of videos. Great efforts man.

#69 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

These are hell lot of videos. Great efforts man.

Thank you, Elhuyar. And tell me about it, lol. It was the only way to show the diversity of Splinter. Without them "all", I had a REALLY hard time trying to get anyone to pay attention to it. Splinter was "public" for an entire YEAR, but I only had Cyanide , Alice, and Eternity Editions made and so I reached a very limited audience, and NO one downloaded it for that entire first year. Not a single download.

I am just glad that I took some community members' advice and created more utilitarian looking interfaces. It really opened new doors, for me and Splinter.

#70 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:52 AM

Splicon Dock Image/Text Tutorial

#71 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Some Documentation
Higher Resolution Image Links Below Images

Posted Image

LARGE IMAGE

Posted Image

LARGE IMAGE

Posted Image

LARGE IMAGE

Posted Image

LARGE IMAGE

Posted Image

LARGE IMAGE

Edited by deema, 24 May 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#72 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

30 Minute Step by Step tutorial of how to create the Mario Page within Addition Edition Splinter. Not the best audio recording. Best bet is to turn down the bass and up the treble

Feature / functions run through:

splicon creation
splanimation
toggle button with triggers
Splicon sequences (multiple splanimations linked together in an internal script)
showing and hiding of triggers
hot linking

Basically a "from scratch" to finished product tut. A better one will come later this week when I have more time.

Posted Image

Edited by deema, 26 June 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#73 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Unnamed splinterface download link and demo vid - THIS ONE MUST BE RUN IN 1600X900 SCREEN REZ IN ORDER TO BE LINED UP

deviantART Download page

Posted Image

Edited by deema, 02 July 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#74 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

• 422 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Really sorry, but this is really f**ked up. Bright, chaotic, LSD colors of your themes makes my eyes red, popping out and tearing. :cry:
Hire a designer so he would fix all this mess...

#75 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Really sorry, but this is really f**ked up. Bright, chaotic, LSD colors of your themes makes my eyes red, popping out and tearing. :cry:

Sucks for your eyes

#76 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

• 422 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Sucks for your eyes

So you won't listen to my critic. OK. That was very childish from your side.

#77 P.McGinley

P.McGinley

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

@deema I also think that "good design" is the only thing your program needs.

#78 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Really sorry, but this is really f**ked up. Bright, chaotic, LSD colors of your themes makes my eyes red, popping out and tearing. http://www.winmatrix...MO_DIR#/cry.gif

Sucks for your eyes

Miss me with your games, kiddo

Edited by deema, 08 July 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#79 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

@deema I also think that "good design" is the only thing your program needs.

Thanks. Then design it. My job is as the Splinter developer. These spilnterfaces are a pain in my ass cause it is NOTHING that I WANT to be designing. I have to create a diverse portfolio of splinterfaces in order to show that Splinter can be useful for anyone and everyone. That is why each one is so different from another.

And I cannot afford to hire artists or anyone else to create splinterfaces. It will come in time. The ENTIRE point of Splinter is that it is meant for OTHER people to create with it, not me.

#80 Tataarujin

Tataarujin

• 422 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Sucks for your eyes

I couldn't care less about your critique of the art work. Splinterfaces are not meant to be critiqued by you. Only Splinter. Your personal opinion of the art work means nothing to me. Plus, f*ck your critique TATA. Yours was not meant to be constructive, clown. It was meant to insult. Miss me with your games, kiddo

O_o that was very rude and not even has sense. You want to be edgy? Be edgy somewhere else. I didn't insulted you. But now I will. You moron.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!