Splinter - Anything Can Be Anything

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

This is my interpretation of the Huyygens Probe having landed on Saturn's moon, Titan, and beginning its system initialization. This is a page within Eternity Edition. Everything but the two flash files" that you will see pop up, are still png images. The flash files, one interactive, the other just a video. THE VIDEO OF THE LANDING IS THE ACTUAL VIDEO OF THE PROBE LANDING ON TITAN

Edited by deema, 27 March 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#42 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

Finally some productive use of Splinter! I have never been interested in placing those useless super hero images on my desktop but "Splinter Icon-ic Edition" has some usefulness in it. (Y)

It'll be great if you'll completely transform Splinter into a productivity suite instead of just a decorative desktop program.

Edited by M.Sudoku, 29 March 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#43 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Finally some productive use of Splinter! I have never been interested in placing those useless super hero images on my desktop but "Splinter Icon-ic Edition" has some usefulness in it. http://www.winmatrix...#/thumbs_up.gif

It'll be great if you'll completely transform Splinter into a productivity suite instead of just a decorative desktop program.

Hi. Thanks

The EXACT same steps that I took when showing you the "comic" stuff is what was done here.not a single thing different.

Edited by deema, 08 July 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#44 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

Icon-ic Edition Splinter, splinterface download link. I will help you with all questions and issues, some may find it very odd, at first.

deviantART host page and image
http://dipperdon.dev...rface-292867857

Direct download
http://www.deviantar...don-d4ud6a9.zip

#45 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

delete me

Edited by deema, 06 April 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#46 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

delete me

Edited by deema, 06 April 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#47 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Posted Image

Edited by deema, 03 April 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#48 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Finally some productive use of Splinter! I have never been interested in placing those useless super hero images on my desktop but "Splinter Icon-ic Edition" has some usefulness in it. http://www.winmatrix...#/thumbs_up.gif

Oops

#49 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

Finally some productive use of Splinter! I have never been interested in placing those useless super hero images on my desktop but "Splinter Icon-ic Edition" has some usefulness in it. (Y)

I must apologize to you, personally, for my initial reply. I, foolishly took offense at this part of your post " those useless super hero images". What I should have done was respect your opinion on the imagery used, as each has a right to have one. My mistake was in taking it as an overall criticism of Splinter, as a whole, which I realize was not your intent.

No problem man. I was actually praising Spliter. I haven't installed it so don't know much about it but after looking at the iconic edition video the program seemed more useful than before. :)

#50 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I must apologize to you, personally, for my initial reply. I, foolishly took offense at this part of your post " those useless super hero images". What I should have done was respect your opinion on the imagery used, as each has a right to have one. My mistake was in taking it as an overall criticism of Splinter, as a whole, which I realize was not your intent.

No problem man. I was actually praising Spliter. I haven't installed it so don't know much about it but after looking at the iconic edition video the program seemed more useful than before. :)

Hey, thanks, Sodoku. Icon-ic is nearly "complete"(my version of it). I will finish the splinterface this afternoon and upload it, with hotlinked splicons. (I plan on making a part 2, as well. This is kinda more fun than I thought it would be)

#51 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Updated vid. 90% "done' . will finish splinterface this afternoon.

Edited by deema, 01 April 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#52 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Looks really nice. I agree with M.Sudoku that the Icon-ic edition of Splinter looks better.

#53 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Okay, just about done. Couple more hours. here is the last* page in the splinteface ("last" from me. You can always add more, of course)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Icon-ic Edition Splinter "Completed" Promo Vid. Splinterface download below (this one isnt complete with all hotlinks on splicons. I am uploading a separate one with completed hotlinks, later).

Promo

"Completed" splinterface link
Icon-ic Edition splinterface

Edited by deema, 03 April 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#55 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

This vid is a tutorial demonstrating how to create the Vendetta page at the end of the promo. I realize that it is a bit long but if you watch it you will be able to create the same type of spli--page, it is very easy to do.

Tutorial

#56 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

New Icon-ic Edition Menu Page. I will have to shrink the thumbs as new pages are added.

Posted Image

Edited by deema, 04 April 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#57 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

New Icon-ic page. Metrotwit spli-ntegrated. WIP only. will change half of icons to match color gradients

#58 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Super Mario Splanimation - (I will edit the splicons with app images, later) Like the example below

Posted ImagePosted Image

Firefox Flower Hotlinked

Mushroom Splanime

Edited by deema, 08 April 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#59 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

Haha, great job on the Mario desktop. :D

#60 deema

deema

Splavage

• 256 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

Haha, great job on the Mario desktop. http://www.winmatrix...IR#/biggrin.gif

Thanks Surb, nice to hear. I hope that "Addition Edition" will blow some minds. Named such as this splinterface's pages are basically a "and in addition to using Splinter like "that", you can do "this". I will attempt to show that since splinterfaces are created by how the user visually places and sets images, it literally means that anything you can imagine in your head can be turned into a utilitarian desktop interface.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!