• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

POPULAR

Splinter is a desktop interface / super simple imagery based programming language that combines the 5 most commonly used desktop application functionalities: File Launcher, Icon Docking Station, Stack Docklet, Wallpaper Flipper, and a Visual Style Editor, in a unique way, giving it uniquely amazing abilities that have never been seen

Splinter SDK thread
Splinter Thread

ALWAYS REMEMBER. THAT ANY SPLINTERFACE CAN BE ADDED TO OR ALTERED, IN ANY WAY, AT ANY TIME, BY ANY ONE. NOTHING IS EVER FINAL

Posted Image

Icon-ic Edition

Eternity Edition - THIS IS A VISUAL BLAST. ONLY MEANT TO SHOW THE IMAGERY I PLACED INSIDE ETERNITY. YOU CAN LOAD THIS SPLINTERFACE AND CHANGE IT IN ANY WAY YOU WISH. ADD WHATEVER YOU WISH. SHARE WITH WHOMEVER YOU WISH. DO WHATEVER YOU WISH. SAME WITH ALL OTHER SPLINTERFACES.

SPLINTER USING SPEECH RECOGNITION

Crowbars and Coffins (Arkham Edition Promo)-100% script run for video.

Alice Edition - (so much fun to make and so much fun to interface/act with)

Cyanide Sedition Splinter (world's first interactive desktop comic - 1 year old, lousy screen capture quality and splinter was not as fine tuned, so is choppy at times, but still bayadd)

EV Edition (electric vehicles. Made for ZAP auto. Pretty sure it is the greatest interactive and appealing commercial, since the dawn of time-starts bit slow but picks up)

Windows 7 Sith Edition- --THIS IS THE WORLD'S FIRST THEATRICAL DEPLOYMENT, CREATED USING THE MICROSOFT DEPLOYMENT TOOLKIT. WHAT YOU SEE IS THE DEFAULT INSTALLATION OF THE WINDOWS 7 OPERATING SYSTEM.....this started it all. the stuff you see is not even Splinter. It is the 'function-stein' that I pieced together, using 3 desktop apps and my own code on top

Splinter Install and First Launch

Icon-ic Edition Menu Page
Posted Image

Icon-ic Edition Page 9
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

NEW INSTALLER - Will a 32bit OS user please confirm that the installer works?
UPDATED_Splinter_Setup

Splinter Portable- Extract anywhere

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by deema, 03 April 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#2 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,942 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

Welcome to WinMatrix. Splinter looks good. I'm sure you will find lots of users here who will appreciate your work.

#3 Dan Brian

Dan Brian

New WinMatrixian

• 9 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Not just good I would say that looks awesome especially when you can customize this a lot.

#4 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hey, thanks, folks. I have waited 14,000 hours to hear that

Edited by deema, 21 March 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#5 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,767 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Welcome to WM deema. Really awesome program.

#6 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Welcome to WM deema. Really awesome program.

Thanks Gragier, really appreciate it.

#7 Another_User

Another_User

uhmmm...

• 326 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

It look sgreat but i get the following error when i i run the installer;
"This installation package is not supported bij this processor type. Contact your product vendor"
I have a Intel Core2 Duo processor, is it to outdated?

#8 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

"This installation package is not supported bij this processor type. Contact your product vendor"

issue solved

Edited by deema, 29 March 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#9 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

As one programmer to another, Hi! Welcome to WinMatrix!
As a user ... I cant run Splinter due to the high-res profile... home to see scaling in the next release!

(1440*900 is my monitor's resolution...)

#10 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

As one programmer to another, Hi! Welcome to WinMatrix!
As a user ... I cant run Splinter due to the high-res profile... home to see scaling in the next release!

(1440*900 is my monitor's resolution...)

Hi, you actually can run Splinter, You only cannot run the splinterfaces that I made in a higher screen resolution. But Splinter runs in ANY screen res. So if you build a splinterface in 1440x900 then someone else who want to run that SPLINTERFACE has to have 1440x900, but they will still be able to run Splinter in any screen res..Thanks for the welcome!

But, yes, scaling will be enabled in the next build

Edited by deema, 27 March 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#11 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

Welcome to WinMatrix, deema.

Awesome software. So much functionalities.
One thing that i began to think of... is this the new platform for Windows 8 wannabes that want Metro interface? =] 

Edited by Preath, 16 February 2012 - 04:56 AM.

#12 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Welcome to WinMatrix, deema.

Awesome software. So much functionalities.
One thing that i began to think of... is this the new platform for Windows 8 wannabes that want Metro interface? =]

Hi Preath, I would say that it is whatever you make of it and want it for. i have learned that I cannot shape its use anymore. It is pointless for me to try.

Edited by deema, 29 March 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#13 Another_User

Another_User

uhmmm...

• 326 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

Hi, that means you are trying to run, either 32bit installer with a 64bit OS or the 64bit installer with a 32bit OS. Try the other exe file. I will be watching for your reply.And thanks.

EDIT- Actually, I bet it means that you are running 32bit Windows and trying to run the 64bit installer. I dont think the error goes the other way, a 64bit OS should install the 32bit without an error. But that would still be bad, because folder paths would be jacked up.

I run win 7 32 bits and tried both installers and i get the same message with both of them...

#14 Another_User

Another_User

uhmmm...

• 326 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

ALSO, YOU MUST HAVE .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 INSTALLED ON YOUR MACHINE.

I will send you an updated 32bit installer and update the zip file. VERY ODD....Please, can anyone else confirm that 32bit installer doesn't work on their machine For expediency, I am going to send you the standalone splinter.exe. Splinter does not require installation. I only created an installer for folder creation. Splinter, iteself, does not care about 32 or 64 bit architectures. It is the "advanced installer" app I used that is having the issue.

When i download the attached .zip files it only contains empty folders??? (using Winrar to extract)

#15 Another_User

Another_User

uhmmm...

• 326 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

ALSO, YOU MUST HAVE .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 INSTALLED ON YOUR MACHINE.

I will send you an updated 32bit installer and update the zip file. VERY ODD....Please, can anyone else confirm that 32bit installer doesn't work on their machine For expediency, I am going to send you the standalone splinter.exe. Splinter does not require installation. I only created an installer for folder creation. Splinter, iteself, does not care about 32 or 64 bit architectures. It is the "advanced installer" app I used that is having the issue.

When i download the attached .zip files it only contains empty folders??? (using Winrar to extract)

#16 Mellexx

Mellexx

StanceWorks Addicted

• 329 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Welcome aboard! This has tremendous potential, and like others have said I'm sure a lot of users will appreciate this. Good luck with it!

#17 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Welcome to WinMatrix. Splinter looks good. I'm sure you will find lots of users here who will appreciate your work.

thx.

#18 deema

deema

Splavage

• 254 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Welcome aboard! This has tremendous potential, and like others have said I'm sure a lot of users will appreciate this. Good luck with it!

Thank you, Mellexx.

Edited by deema, 21 March 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#19 Another_User

Another_User

uhmmm...

• 326 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

YEAH! the portable splinter works flawless...
I'm playing with it right now and it's wonderfull, i haven't been this excited since 3DNA..
Thanks!

Also those stock images... *wow*....

#20 Another_User

Another_User

uhmmm...

• 326 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Might i suggest that you make a preinstalled desktop that runs after the installer. Maybe even 2 choices, cartoon style and something more 'pro' (work office?)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!