5 replies to this topic

#1 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image

Alienware X51 is a gaming PC which looks like a game console, is slightly bigger than an Xbox 360 and is designed to work upright or laid on its side. The starting price is $699.

The bottom range X51 can power Battlefield 3 in 1080p at an average of 32 frames-per-second, with high resolution textures, 4x aniostropic filtering and medium anti-aliasing turned on. The top-end X51 can power Battlefield 3 running the same settings at an average of 54 frames-per-second.

Specifications:

• You can chose form Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor
  • Either a 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 545 or an Nvidia GeForce GTX 555
  • RAM varies from 4GB, 6GB or 8GB DDR3
  • 1TB 7200 RPM hard-drive
  • 24x dual-layer DVD-RW
  • Internal 7.1 audio
  • Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless LAN.
  • Ports and connections: HDMI 1.4 out; RJ-45 GB Ethernet; 4x USB 2.0; 2x USB 3.0; surround sound speaker-out ports and TOSLINK and Coax digital outs
Alienware X51 product page

#2 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

POPULAR

Gamers buy consoles because they are future proof, not because how sleek they look. But gaming PCs need to be upgraded every year!

#3 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

Look cool enough for the living room :)

#4 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Looks really cool but I never buy branded PCs. Assembled PCs are cheap and work great for me! :D

#5 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

But gaming PCs need to be upgraded every year!

If you want to run newer games at higher settings. Nothing stops them from still having the consolized experience of running everything on low. Given that you hook this up to a TV, that'll make everything look fine.

#6 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

But gaming PCs need to be upgraded every year!

If you want to run newer games at higher settings. Nothing stops them from still having the consolized experience of running everything on low. Given that you hook this up to a TV, that'll make everything look fine.

Umm... The difference b/w TVs and Monitors is almost non-existent now. Both are capable of hi resolutions.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!