Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Winlaunch (Mac OS X Lion Launchpad on Windows)

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#81 C0rrupted

C0rrupted

WinMatrixian

• 59 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

fixed in 0.4.1 ;)

#82 Pedro Lopes

Pedro Lopes

New WinMatrixian

• 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hello!
thanks for your great work!

Please change the ESC key, I always finish the Winlanch unintentionally. Please change the ESC key for hidding.

Thanks,
Pedro Lopes

#83 C0rrupted

C0rrupted

WinMatrixian

• 59 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Added esc key mapping.

btw: everyone please vote for your favourite logo!

Edited by C0rrupted, 21 January 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#84 SurB86

SurB86

Surendra

• 1,438 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

I can't vote. I think the poll system is buggy.

Edited by SurB86, 21 January 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#85 DJ Subterrain

DJ Subterrain

New WinMatrixian

• 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, can't vote, says "You must cast your vote in each question of the poll." but there's only one.

Edited by DJ Subterrain, 21 January 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#86 C0rrupted

C0rrupted

WinMatrixian

• 59 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

made a completely new poll, just try again.

#87 JKTJogi

JKTJogi

WinMatrixian

• 86 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Poll is working.

I think the silver tile without the rocket on it is perfect. The rocket icon will confuse it with RocketDock.

#88 AHLOT

AHLOT

SKEPTRON

• 86 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

silver tiles square :)

#89 C0rrupted

C0rrupted

WinMatrixian

• 59 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

:lol: didn't expect that...

Edited by C0rrupted, 21 January 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#90 DJ Subterrain

DJ Subterrain

New WinMatrixian

• 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

I think it's the nicest looking without being a complete copy of the original Apple one (Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)

#91 DemonoidMaster

DemonoidMaster

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

I don't know why it's doing this but it's really slow and laggy... unlike that stacksdocklet matonga made a few years back...
i guess i'll just wait until the final release gets done because for now this is a really cool app... but the fucking thing is so laggy that it makes it useless...

#92 C0rrupted

C0rrupted

WinMatrixian

• 59 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

running perfectly smooth for me,
did you try to disable aero?

#93 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

Man this application is amazing. Definitely adds more to the windows experience. You have by far killed the start menu.

Great Job :)

#94 DJ Subterrain

DJ Subterrain

New WinMatrixian

• 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

I don't know why it's doing this but it's really slow and laggy... unlike that stacksdocklet matonga made a few years back...
i guess i'll just wait until the final release gets done because for now this is a really cool app... but the fucking thing is so laggy that it makes it useless...

Yeah I would guess disabling aero will speed yours up, can you give us more info, in fact, anyone having problems, do us a favour and give us the follow info at least...

Are you running Vista or Windows 7 or even Windows XP (Not sure if it works with XP)?
    Are you running 32bit or 64bit?
    What is your processor?
    How much memory do you have?
    Are you running a custom theme? (I am running the custopacktools Lion theme on both laptop and desktop and they run fine with it)

I'm guessing your problem is either Aero or you aren't using a lot of memory, the program is quite memory intensive at the moment but it's being constantly optimised so hopefully that will change :)

The more info you give us the easier it is for MrCorrupted to fix and improve the software and he can make sure it will run for more people!

Just a short note, this program ROCKS with synaptic touchpads, acts just like the original OSX LaunchPad, should be updated very soon ;)

Edited by DJ Subterrain, 22 January 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#95 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

Disabling Aero won't stop the lagging that happens sometimes. You have to remember that Windows doesn't have true Multiprocessing. So, you aren't always going to get a really smooth experience like you would on Unix/Linux systems. I can say Windows processing is fast as fuck and makes it seem it multiprocesses.

Human Terms:
Windows - A really super fast one road highway.
Unix/Linux - A really fast multiple road highway.

On another subject, I'm feeling real good cause yesterday I passed my Windows Exam 100% A :D

Edited by yanike, 22 January 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#96 DJ Subterrain

DJ Subterrain

New WinMatrixian

• 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

Congrats!

#97 C0rrupted

C0rrupted

WinMatrixian

• 59 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

Disabling Aero won't stop the lagging that happens sometimes. You have to remember that Windows doesn't have true Multiprocessing. So, you aren't always going to get a really smooth experience like you would on Unix/Linux systems. I can say Windows processing is fast as fuck and makes it seem it multiprocesses.

Human Terms:
Windows - A really super fast one road highway.
Unix/Linux - A really fast multiple road highway.

On another subject, I'm feeling real good cause yesterday I passed my Windows Exam 100% A :D

Congratz from me too ;)

back to topic:
I don't think he was talking about occasional lags, but overall bad performance,
which in case of WPF is most likely being caused by a insufficient graphics card.

A full-screen Aero blur takes up quite some GPU resources,
so disabling it should result in increased performance.

Edited by C0rrupted, 22 January 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#98 DemonoidMaster

DemonoidMaster

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yeah I would guess disabling aero will speed yours up, can you give us more info, in fact, anyone having problems, do us a favour and give us the follow info at least...

Are you running Vista or Windows 7 or even Windows XP (Not sure if it works with XP)?
    Are you running 32bit or 64bit?
    What is your processor?
    How much memory do you have?
    Are you running a custom theme? (I am running the custopacktools Lion theme on both laptop and desktop and they run fine with it)

I'm guessing your problem is either Aero or you aren't using a lot of memory, the program is quite memory intensive at the moment but it's being constantly optimised so hopefully that will change :)

The more info you give us the easier it is for MrCorrupted to fix and improve the software and he can make sure it will run for more people!

Just a short note, this program ROCKS with synaptic touchpads, acts just like the original OSX LaunchPad, should be updated very soon ;)

OS: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x86 -- Modified some DLL's/EXE's.. such as tray icons and stuff (vol, wifi, battery.. etc etc)
OSRun: 32bit
Processor: AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58
Ram: 1.50MB (1024MB and a 512MB, i need to buy another 1GB or a 2GB bar and switch out the 512MB for it) *laptop can go up to 4GB in total... so 1536/4096 MB -- 1.50/4GB*
Theme: JONGHYUNPARK [Win Public] by Jpyss -- Modified by me the way i like it... its such a great theme

PS: as for the whole specs, search up my laptop model.. it's a Toshiba
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite A210-MS6

Edited by DemonoidMaster, 22 January 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#99 C0rrupted

C0rrupted

WinMatrixian

• 59 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

how's the performance after disabling Aero (Options / Design / Aero)?

#100 ChristianS_

ChristianS_

New WinMatrixian

• 30 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

@C0rrupted :
in your xaml definition, do you set AllowsTransparency="false" when aero is disabled ?
this will maybe help the performance, but i think only with windows xp...which is not supported by Winlaunch, hope this can help with Seven too...

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!