This is Launchpad(Quickstarter) taken from Mac OS X Lion and implemented for Windows.
I know many people have done similar projects,
but i wasn't able to find one that replicated it good enough.
so i started working on my own version.
i put some real effort into making the look and feel as close to
the original as possible.
As stated above this is still a BETA version,
if you have found a bug and its not mentioned in the Known bugs (look below)
please report them to me (LaunchpadByC0rrupted@gmail.com).
WinLaunch works at any resolution, but has been optimized to run at FullHD.
WinLaunch gets a logo
Big thx to all contributing designers!
if you want to make one too, send it to me and i'll include it.
since this is a Community App, i let you choose which one gets to be the official WinLaunch logo.
poll will be closed when 0.5 is ready.
0.4.4.2 -> 0.4.5.2
- Updated languages
- fixed some bugs
- fixed closebox hit-testing
- fixed updater bug
- added several new translations
- refined some animations
- added a full auto updater
- fixed some language bugs
You have 5 options to activate WinLaunch
1. place WinLaunch.exe in your dock or taskbar and click it to toggle WinLaunch
2. Activate the HotCorners in the Options (Activation / HotCorners) and move your mouse in the specified corner of your screen
3. Activate and use a keyboard shortcut (default is Shift+Tab)
4. Activate Synaptics and use a 3 finger tap to toggle WinLaunch
5. Activate and use the MiddleMouseButton Activation
To Hide WinLaunch again you can either repeat an activation method or leftclick on empty space
To add items to WinLaunch hit 'F' to bring it into windowed mode and then drag and drop shortcuts, files and applications in.
if you have activated HotCorners you can also drop files directly into the corner to add them.
To change between pages click either your left or right mousebutton and drag the pages
(when TabletMode is disabled and you are using the left mousebutton you can only drag on empty space!)
you can also use the left and right arrow keys, the mouse-wheel, click the page indicators at the bottom of the screen or (if Synaptics is activated) use a 2 finger swipe.
Items can now be moved around instantly (to change it back activate TabletMode Settings / General / Controls / TabletMode)
to create a folder drag an item ontop of another one and let go, to move items out of folders drag them out and wait for the folder to close.
To move items to other pages drag them to the border of the screen and wait for the page to flip
to remove items or folders from WinLaunch activate Jiggle-mode by either hitting F3 or by holding your left mousebutton down on an item
and hit the little X in the top left corner.
To end Jiggle-mode you can either use an activator or hit F3/Space
To close a folder you can either click outside of it or use an activator
ESC -> Exit WinLaunch
F -> toggle fullscreen / windowed
Left/Right -> switch between pages
F3 -> toggle Jiggle mode
Space -> end Jiggle mode
Middle Mouse -> show/hide the toolbar
the Startup Hotkey can now be set to anything you want!
including stuff that doesn't work... (fix will follow in 0.5)
if you cannot access WinLaunch anymore use the panic hotkey (CTRL+WIN+ALT+F12)
to bring it up in windowed mode and edit your settings
0.4.1 -> 0.4.2
- added Lion authentic folder renaming (click on the folder title)
- added thumbnails for images
- several small visual improvements (like fading page indicators, fading folder title, ...)
- completely changed icon rendering -> less ram usage, indepedent icon scaling, sharp text and images
- changed the rename window -> added fly in animation, removed icon preview (might come back, tell me if you miss it)
- increased DockLaunch speed (use WinLaunchStarter.exe instead of WinLaunch.exe)
- made some slight adjustments to the Welcome screen
- items are now added to the end of a page
- fixed folder thumbnails order
- fixed Item deletion bug
- fixed delay when changing settings
- fixed Welcome screen bug
- fixed activation bug on desktop
- fixed Synaptics activation error
- fixed folder title overflow bug
- fixed multi-monitor bug ocurring when monitors where arranged right to left
- fixed bug when switching from window to fullscreen mode while dragging the window
- fixed DPI scaling
0.4 -> 0.4.1
- changed icon
- reorganized the settings (Design / Background)
- improved left click scrolling
- fixed bg positioning
- added the background split effect
- made improvements in memory management
- added options to customize animation timing
- added icon darkening effect on click
- fixed folder renaming issue (close instead of rename)
- fixed blurriness issue (although you might need to manually adjust the icon size to fit your screen!)
- made some adjustments to the default theme
- changed minimum folder items to 2
- added InstantMove mode(Lion like)
- added TabletMode option (Settings / General / Controls), The default now is instant
- changed Escape mapping (ESC Hides WinLaunch, CTRL + ESC closes WinLaunch)
- changed FadeIn animation when background image is used
- changed Launch animation
- added option to show the welcome screen again (in the About section)
- added option to block WinLaunch when a fullscreen app is running (Activation/Misc)
- added Synaptics activation and scrolling
0.3.3 -> 0.4
- some bugfixes
- Resize options
- All new animations and look
- Mouse-wheel paging
- Full unicode compatibility(64bit)
- Shortcut activation / DockLaunch
- Skins / Themes
- new settings window
- hide-able toolbar
- Autostart option
- Show desktop option
- Auto Updater
- Some memory improvements (will be improved further)
- Touchscreen friendly
- custom backgrounds
0.3.2 -> 0.3.3
- made moving items much easier
- multi-screen support
- fixed bug were icons disappeared out of folders
- automatically adjusts to work area (theme fix)
- fixed memory leak / made overall improvements in memory management (uses less / loads faster etc.)
0.3.1 -> 0.3.2
- fixed some icons not showing up
- fixed rare glitch on icon removal
- experimental fix for the keyboard focus issue
- please notify me if it still happens.
0.3 -> 0.3.1
- fixed some paths not getting resolved correctly on x64 systems
0.2 -> 0.3
- Refined animations
- Item & Folder Renaming
- Simple configuration(ToBeImproved)
- Lot of behind-the-scenes changes
0.1 -> 0.2
- minor performance optimizations
- only 1 instance at a time allowed
- to quickly change between pages you can now click on the page indicators
- changed hotkey to SHIFT + TAB (will be configurable in future versions)
- API for custom extensions
- advanced themes (featuring custom icons, animations, icon layouts etc.)
- Spotlight App search
- scrolling Background (like Androids homescreen)
- Auto Population based on start menu items
- context menus
- Advanced File Preview
- Tray icon
- Multi icon moving
- Item sorting (based on names, file types and paths)
- Dock support (RocketDock, ObjectDock)
All good suggestions will be taken into consideration.
WinLaunch is free, but please consider a small donation.
Even $3 would help.
Download latest version
runs on every OS with Aero (no XP)
this app doesn't need an installation
but please make sure that you're running .Net 4.0
Please notify me if you included this in any skinpacks or posted it somewhere else
btw: every dev who knows c++ and c# is welcome to join this project
please notify me of all bugs that you might encounter.
Edited by C0rrupted, 04 April 2012 - 02:00 AM.