Funny Anti-Piracy Protection System in Serious Sam 3

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jo-Mamma

Jo-Mamma

WinMatrixian

• 87 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

People seem to have this idea that software, music, and movies cost nothing to make, and just magically appear on the creators HDD. When pirates wonder why DRM exists they can only thank themselves.
Now I won't support bat shit crazy measures like SOPA, but don't try and rationalize piracy.

There. THIS ^^ Inline got what I was trying to say.

But somehow got to the point of beating entire families with horse whips? Nice.

Pirates don't wonder why DRM exists. They just laugh and say "@%&$ you, u gawt pwned!!!11111oneoneoneone" to publishers and developers then praise the guy who broke the DRM.

Don't think anyone was trying to rationalize it.

#22 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

People seem to have this idea that software, music, and movies cost nothing to make, and just magically appear on the creators HDD. When pirates wonder why DRM exists they can only thank themselves.
Now I won't support bat shit crazy measures like SOPA, but don't try and rationalize piracy.

There. THIS ^^ Inline got what I was trying to say.

But somehow got to the point of beating entire families with horse whips? Nice.

Pirates don't wonder why DRM exists. They just laugh and say "@%&$ you, u gawt pwned!!!11111oneoneoneone" to publishers and developers then praise the guy who broke the DRM.

Don't think anyone was trying to rationalize it.

It gets rationalized a lot actually.

"They make a lot of money anyways"
"I can't afford the prices"
"If it was a better game I would buy it"

All of these come up multiple times in debates about piracy, and all of these are nothing more than feel good rationalizations used by pirates.

#23 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

Holy shit everyones mad. Cue Endrit.

ITT:

>implying pirating games means a loss of a sale. nearly all the games i pirate i would never have bought at all. no loss for them whatsoever.
>implying piracy is stealing. concept of stealing works as in person A takes object x from person B. if piracy was stealing, person B would no longer have object x. in piracy's case, all that done is everyone has duplicate copies of x. no theft.
>implying any means of anti-piracy is successful. seriously. it will all get worked around/unofficially patched/cracked.

#24 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:25 AM

Holy shit everyones mad. Cue Endrit.

ITT:

>implying pirating games means a loss of a sale. nearly all the games i pirate i would never have bought at all. no loss for them whatsoever.
>implying piracy is stealing. concept of stealing works as in person A takes object x from person B. if piracy was stealing, person B would no longer have object x. in piracy's case, all that done is everyone has duplicate copies of x. no theft.
>implying any means of anti-piracy is successful. seriously. it will all get worked around/unofficially patched/cracked.

1. It's just as bad to assume that everyone who pirated something would of never bought it to begin with.
2. If everyone followed your logic and no one bought games. Developers would never recoup original development cost. I said it before software doesn't just appear out of nowhere on someones HDD. It takes thousands of man hours to design and perfect.
3. You imply that everyone who tries to pirate a game is completely computer literate.

You spend weeks on end coding something and when you try to sell your product and find that 80% of people are taking it without paying you a damn dime. We'll see how you feel.

Edited by InlineSkate, 23 December 2011 - 05:27 AM.

#25 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:02 AM

>nearly all the games i pirate i would never have bought at all
>nearly all the games i pirate i would never
>nearly all the games i pirate
>nearly all the games
>nearly all

>never said no-one should buy games. explained in perfect logic why pirating a game,movie,song is not a act of theft.

>implying that people that know how to use torrent sites, iso emulators can't use google to look up "invincible scorpion fix" or something similar

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!